SAU Community

New Clutch Needed.

Well as the topic says, my clutch is screwed, I had a few too many big launches this weekend, and well.. its paid its price.

My question is, what sort of clutch should I get? I want somethingthat can handle a good 200rwkw, but is also quite light, and will be easy in the city, and not mind the occasional ride of the clutch, as im occasioanlly in peak hr traffic driving to work.

I dont want a full blown crazy 500hp clutch, just something that can take a bit of punch, and is good for everyday use.

Any suggestions?

I was about to post an identical question - it seems my recent upgrades (power fc, intercooler, afc-r 1 bar of boost etc etc all in the space of 3 weeks) has led to an increased rate of wear on my clutch :confused: and so now I'm in need of a new one. My needs / wants are similar to yours. I want something that is not going to be a bastard to drive yet still hook up when I need it to.

I'm presently getting bad slippage in every gear from 2500rpm upwards!

So, if anyone has got any suggestions, then I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,

Simon.

What meggala said..

Go the exedy diakan full faced heavy duty organic...

I've been using mine for over a year with well in excess of 200rwkw (now over 300rwkw) and she's holding up fine.

Got a mate who had one in his 200sx and with 220rwkw went to calder with slicks, and he destroyed his gearbox before the clutch would slip.

Drives like a dream and is nice and light.

if it works for me, it'll definitely work for you.

matt

sounds like the exidy dakien organic is the ticket...

can anyone recommend stockists / fitters in the brisbane region? I'm also looking ot get this sorted ASAP because it's hampering with my ability to get the power fc porperly tuned. Keep getting clutch slippage on the dyno!

Thanks everyone for the prompt and informative feedback.

/simon