SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

not a bad setup.. but... where's the free weights cheif? and a nice adjustable bench ??

Having my own setup at home is my ultimate dream meng. I want to get the whole works and every nessary equipment for a good work out, perhaps even include a smith machine. But they don't come cheap :)

look closer champ

Quick question boys before I head out the door.

Recently moved to Melbourne. Anyone here know any places with quality supplements at good prices? Used to go to Vitamin King back in Sydney but yeah thought I would ask some of the guys over at SAU for any reccomendation over in Melbourne :rofl:

Cheers.

A1 Supplements on Bell st. East Preston, it's behind Subway

Bought some supps today form there, they have plenty of variety of brands from the well known to the lesser knowns. Great prices too.

They have a website although it only lists a fraction of what they have in store http://www.a1supplements.com.au/

Edited by Barbarian

Bought some supps today form there, they have plenty of variety of brands from the well known to the lesser knowns. Great prices too.

They have a website although it only lists a fraction of what they have in store http://www.a1supplements.com.au/

Thanks lann. I will have to check this place out, had a browse off there site and they have indeed got great prices. Don't think it's to far from where I live lol (hope not :ermm: ). Will look into it but thanks again bruthaa !

Thanks for posting Barbs, they appear to have my Ultimate Nutrition...just ordered some online cause GNC are out of it store to store the bastards. Hopefully they have it in stock and get it out to me cause this PVL stuff tastes like crap.

Good prices on that website.

There is another store on Chapel Street, some little Indian dude owns it, its called HEALTH something, opposite the Vitamin Me, near the Coles, Rebel sport etc. Prices are similar to the store above, so whichever is closer I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
Really back into it at the moment. do you guys have phases of drifting in and out of focus of your goals?

i do.. i go all out for the few months over autumn and winter.. and then tend to burn out in spring.. the constant eating and training bums me out and i cant be bothered.. so i pretty much cease all forms of training over the summer.. lose what i put on the previous winter, and start all over again in autumn. its a visicous cycle.

last year though i struggled to touch a weight. with buying a house and setting it up, the gym stuff has been moved from inside to garage, to back inside and barely a weight lifted all year.. on a positive note.. i did alot of swimming and i hung my heavy bag up over the weekend.

its the start of autumn today, and im super keen.. im lean as at the moment, and 70kg. by spring i hope to be back up around 80kg and stay there!

my focus this year is chest/tri's and calves. they are really lagging and getting me down.

while im here, i want to ask a question about Mass Gainers.

anyone actually used em??

from what i can see via the ingredients and contents of them... the only difference of them over a normal whey powder is the serving size. 5 scoops instead of 2 scoops.

the amounts of protein, carbs, etc is the same per 100g.. but per serving size it appears as much more.. but thats because the serving size is much more.

I use a mass gainer...serving size is ambiguous cause on one part of the container it says serving size is 1.5 scoops, on another it says serving size is 3 scoops. I drink 2 x 1.5 scoop servings a day and each of these servings is like 300ml...not much at all. Serving size is probably increased but also are the content of vitamins and minerals supposedly designed to stack on the pounds. Either way my mass gainer worked a treat.

On a really strict 6 week diet at the moment, took some photos the other day and gonna match them up 6 weeks later to see the difference haha. Will be fun :down: Currently my 5th day on the diet.

On a really strict 6 week diet at the moment, took some photos the other day and gonna match them up 6 weeks later to see the difference haha. Will be fun :down: Currently my 5th day on the diet.

Good idea on the photos. great motivation.

Has anyone ever tried NO Xplode? I bought some last week just to try the stuff, decent energy kick before lifting but constantly feel bloated from the creatine, won't be using it again once the tub is finished.

Anyone else carry a lot of water weight from creatine?

Thought I'd throw a photo up of me from the w/e...It was right before a costume party, but does seem to show the body shape so it'll have to do for now lol

post-22515-1267443191_thumb.jpgpost-22515-1267443236_thumb.jpg

I'm about 178cm, and was 84kg last week when I weighed myself...Down from 92kg pre Christmas...

Side note, it was a spice girl party...I'm supposed to be sporty spice, but turned out looking like a gay Rafael Nadal...

does anyone know if San products are still available in aus??

I use a mass gainer...serving size is ambiguous cause on one part of the container it says serving size is 1.5 scoops, on another it says serving size is 3 scoops. I drink 2 x 1.5 scoop servings a day and each of these servings is like 300ml...not much at all. Serving size is probably increased but also are the content of vitamins and minerals supposedly designed to stack on the pounds. Either way my mass gainer worked a treat.

thanks birds... i might give one a try this season and see how it goes.. they always seemed to be a rip off compared to the same brand in a whey powder

On a really strict 6 week diet at the moment, took some photos the other day and gonna match them up 6 weeks later to see the difference haha. Will be fun :) Currently my 5th day on the diet.

i used to go on cutting diets after my winter weight gain.. low carb kinda thing for a few weeks.. by the second week i get incredible cravings for sweets that are almost unstoppable... a bag of jelly beans or m&ms will be your friend though.

Has anyone ever tried NO Xplode? I bought some last week just to try the stuff, decent energy kick before lifting but constantly feel bloated from the creatine, won't be using it again once the tub is finished.

if powder creatine makes you bloated... does to me.. try the capsules.. they worked a treat for me.. great kick... enhanced training.. think its just a placebo but eh... if it works.

the muscletech muscle stack is a good combo... i had good gains with it a few years back.

Thought I'd throw a photo up of me from the w/e...It was right before a costume party, but does seem to show the body shape so it'll have to do for now lol

post-22515-1267443191_thumb.jpgpost-22515-1267443236_thumb.jpg

I'm about 178cm, and was 84kg last week when I weighed myself...Down from 92kg pre Christmas...

Side note, it was a spice girl party...I'm supposed to be sporty spice, but turned out looking like a gay Rafael Nadal...

Rafa comment is too funny... hahahaha.

Yeah it's going along quite nicely, I can see some minor change after a week so I can't imagine 5 more weeks down the track haha. I haven't cooked this much EVER!

As for the NO Xplode, I haven't personally taken it myself...but I have had mates that have taken it and they have all said it gives you a nice pump for the first few sets and then quickly dies out. And yes, creatine does puff you ip quite a bit, constantly drinking water feels like your gonna explode!

i used to go on cutting diets after my winter weight gain.. low carb kinda thing for a few weeks.. by the second week i get incredible cravings for sweets that are almost unstoppable... a bag of jelly beans or m&ms will be your friend though.

Yeah its a high prtoein low carb diet, i am in my second week at the moment and oh my the cravings never stop!! loll i walk past the house and see family eaten sweets and whatever and I just keep myself together. Never thought of the bag of jelly beans or m&ms but a little bit of cheating is always good, gives your body what it lacks during the phase.

dont really wanna go thru all the pages. Might have been coverered already.

Ive started on Kre alkalyn creatine. Seems to be working well. 3 weeks in and I have noticed slight improvement.

I know im supposed to take 2 in the morn and 2 after a work out. 4 a day. However if im on the piss on the wkend and dont work out should I still atleast take 2 in the morn ?