SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

Ive never seen or heard of anyone getting fat from eating too much fruit and Im 100% positive that if you simply put the fructose on as fat before utilising it as energy no health professional would ever reccomend eating fruit as part of a healthy diet for obese people.

Dont be fooled by peoples dumb opinions on what sugar is, Ive done years of training and worked a number of years at a few different gyms talking to state champion bodybuilders and PT's.....eat your fruit in moderation like everything else, and sugar is one of the best things to have straight after an intense workout as your glucogen should be fully depleted (if you worked out properly) and the intake of sugar will stimulate an insulin response in the body.

simple rules to building a great body:

1. Consistency with your workouts and planning out each week (you know when youve done a good workout, dont lie to yourself)

2. Diet

3. Diet

4. Diet

Dont be taken in by all these supplements they are just money makers for the businesses and a waste of money for newbies, the ONLY supps you should have in your room is a low carb protien powder ONLY to be used when you cannot get enough from your DIET, a B-complex and a metabolism stimulant if you are trying to burn fat faster and thats it the rest is from the food you eat.

Don't take this the wrong way as I do appreciate your input, but without sources or proof of accreditation I'm still going with my mate's information on the topic. His ("self researched") knowledge in just about every bodybuilding related field is astounding, as quite literally it's his life. Co-owns a supp store, and pretty much lives for bodybuilding. I realise that yes, he still has no actual education or qualifications in the fields, but the extend and detail he's happy to go into shows he's put ridiculous hours into researching every aspect of his chosen lifestyle/profession. Definitely not broscience.

Of course fruit should still be taken in moderation, and ultimately the sugar content of most fruits is pretty low anyway (the subject came up when I was clarifying honey vs cane sugar for a sweetener, so the info I received was more based around honey which will be a much higher concentration of fructose+glucose than that in fruits). It was more of a general thing - "just because it's nutritional and healthy, doesn't mean it should be overlooked"

Speaking of the Birdman, what does your diet look like?

And how are we going with the supp review?

My daily diet:

Breakfast

-4 weetbix in full cream milk

-2 slices of toast with cheese and Vegemite

Lunch

-2 toasted tuna sandwiches with cheese

-40gm protein shake an hour+ before workout

Dinner

-40gm protein shake straight after workout

-Huge meal of meat and potatoes/carrots/beans or pasta with meat

Snacks

-Potato chips or ice cream dessert

It's quite a consistent diet; I repeat it on the daily. But weekends tend to have kebabs and Nandos as snacks.

Mungy is right; bread won't net you a 6 pack. It will get you an 8 pack

zBvNKzmH_original.png

Bread and carbs are not your enemy. They are fuel for a workout. The more you have, the harder you can workout. The harder you workout, the more calories you burn and the more muscle you build. The more muscle you have, the more you burn.

My daily diet:

Breakfast

-4 weetbix in full cream milk

Lunch

-2 toasted tuna sandwiches with cheese

-40gm protein shake an hour+ before workout

Dinner

-40gm protein shake straight after workout

-Huge meal of meat and potatoes/carrots/beans or pasta with meat

Snacks

-Potato chips or ice cream dessert

It's quite a consistent diet; I repeat it on the daily. But weekends tend to have kebabs and Nandos as snacks.

Mungy is right; bread won't net you a 6 pack. It will get you an 8 pack

zBvNKzmH_original.png

Bread and carbs are not your enemy. They are fuel for a workout. The more you have, the harder you can workout. The harder you workout, the more calories you burn and the more muscle you build. The more muscle you have, the more you burn.

Lol is that a selfie your've taken on your car window reflection?

Speaking of diets whats people opinion of IIFYM (eat whatever you want as long as it fits your Protein/Carb/Fat)

I'm currently on a strict diet but reading about other guys on forums who eat a fair bit of junk food and are ripped ~6% bodyfat etc...

lookin' swole Birdy! ;)

I think blah_blah is talking about the IIFYM devotees who post about eating icecream and other random stuff creatively fitted into their macros on bodybuilding.com Markos. I was under the impression that 6% = serious discipline and dieting.

No one is eating junk food on a daily basis and measuring 6% body fat

Fair enough maybe they don't eat junk as often as they say they do in reality

Anyways ill just throw in my current diet since we are on the topic

Breakfast

300ml Milk + Protein

Midmorning Snack during work before lunch

Tablespoon of peanut Butter

Protein Bar

Can of Tuna

30g of almonds

Lunch

Chicken Breast 200g

1/2 cup brocolli

3/4 Cup of brown rice

Afternoon Snack

3/4 Cup of oat with milk/water

Dinner

Whatever the wife cooks

Normally Steak/slamon on veggies

*workout*

Post workout shake.

Before Bed

200g of Cottage Cheese

I've been on this for 3 weeks. I have gained about 1.5kg of weight in the last 3 weeks with a slight reduction in bodyfat judging by the mirror.

it is about 2,650 calories

Breakup

Protein: 280g or 50%

carbs: 199g or 36%

Fat: 76g or 14%

lookin' swole Birdy! ;)

I think blah_blah is talking about the IIFYM devotees who post about eating icecream and other random stuff creatively fitted into their macros on bodybuilding.com Markos. I was under the impression that 6% = serious discipline and dieting.

Yeah I was reading this guys thread last night

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155012163&page=1 "My Journey to sub 4% bodyfat"

He posts lots of vids of IIFM and him eating icecream, and other junky stuff

Oh Birds, I don't doubt your approach or results, but you look like a chop when you post that picture (again) lol

Plz get new selfie kthx.

And that's coming from someone who likes you enough to say I don't dislike you lol

No (all the) homo.

Tis a new one and it's been too long since I posted a car window selfie. Was aimed more at Mungy, as I can't stand people making bread out to be evil when it is full of protein and carbs. 4 slices has the same protein content as a tin of tuna. Put some tuna and cheese on that and suddenly you have quite a protein and carb rich food.

This shit is simple. You don't even need arithmetic for it. If it's got carbs and protein, great. If it's got protein and fat, great. If it's got carbs and fat, not so great. Moderate. Then lift the weight.

Don't hate, replicate :P

/michaelhutchence

Tis a new one and it's been too long since I posted a car window selfie. Was aimed more at Mungy, as I can't stand people making bread out to be evil when it is full of protein and carbs. 4 slices has the same content as a tin of tuna. Put some tuna and cheese on that and suddenly you have quite a protein and carb rich food.

Oh and, don't hate, replicate :P

And a f**kload of calories :P

We're 3000km apart, we can't :(

Still 80-81kg bruv

Legs have gotten bigger, but upper body looking a bit smaller from lack of shoulder based exercises :(