SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

Surgeon said given the level of soft tissue damage 90-100 degree clockwise rotation around the ankle and spiral fracture oft he fib, that I should aim to be back to light jogging around the 12mth mark.... Showed him!

He said it will never quite be 100%.

Kate did hers when she was 12, a simpler break without as much soft tissue damage (the real issue) and hers still swells from time to time and can occasionally roll if she's not careful.

That said, I've already done some 2 and 3k jogs and from the moment the diastases screw was out in January (7screws and a plate remain) I've been on it and using it.

Then after talking to you guys, started squatting and DL lightly and slowly building it up. I'd like to get some half decent leg/back strength and be able to jog daily like I was and I'll be happy, I honestly think all that is achievable but that I might not be ever able to fully flat out sprint, rapid direction change sprint again sort of thing, a very brisk run in one direction seems fine but the stability isn't there for rapid direction changes yet.

Could always be worse. That's what I keep thinking about my shoulder to stay positive - someone, somewhere, has got it worse.

And when I need motivation or renewed appreciation for what I do have, I watch this:

Oh for sure man I know others have it worse, I still have my foot and it pretty much works, happy days for me.

I don't lack motivation or drive, I'm ahead of the curve the surgeon set, and even if it was a conservative one,. I'll take it as a win. There was never any chance that a busted foot was going to stop me exercising and doing what I enjoy.

Like eating 2 lunches today because that's just how I roll...

Can she still hear it with that pillow pressed on her face?

Not sure if doggy style joke, suffocation joke or blocking out sound joke