SAU Community

Why Do So Many People Hate Our Cars

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I havnt had 2 many negative comments bout my car, just the odd bogan in his bommadore yelling out the window but a quick press of the right foot usually shuts em up or keeps em goin, either way i have a good laugh at em :P As for the older generation who knows what their problem is, but yea one thing for sure is the media has played a fair roll in making import drivers look like "a bunch of hoons"

but at the end of the day you just gotta laugh it off... :O

Edited by skyzaman

tell him your aftermarket exhaust produces clean air that will be beneficial to his health.....put his face near the exhaust, and give it a bit of gas.....he will be high on exhaust fumes...and probably be as bleck as me :P

nah, but in all fairness, i think people think that skylines = hoons or skylines = ricers....and the whole "no replacement for displacement" crap.....i guess u just have to put up with it, till you or they move away....

Most of it would be from the media. Like many have said, Japanese Imports = Hoon.

If you car is legal, just leave it be. Don't tell people to f**k off if they say something, just ignore it. You park there everyday and if you were to tell them to f**k off, your car could get torched.

And about the Harley's, it stupid how they can get away with the amount of noise they make, but I agree with the one who said something about the cops not doing anything because they're scared the driver could be in some sort of 'group'.

well a lot of skyline owners dont help the cause either driving like tools .and thats what the public see hell im 48 and love my skyline and i get people ask what are you doing driving a hoons car at your age lol. things like youtube and skylines owners doing burnouts and driving at high speeds dont do much for our image im afraid

go watch this vid from Today tonight, the supposed video was in australia when its NOT!!! wtf lol

its from japan, the driver is now a professional D1 driver, i saw this on a DVD before, called Tokyo Underground ( something like that LOL) anyways watch it lol. Funny how media stirs so much shits without checking the facts.

Yes The alarm was fixed, the reason it false trigered that time was then when they originaly broke in they damaged the actuator on the servo for Central locking, now all fine.

The thing is that eaven though the alarm went off, no one called the cops.

re - harleys

Their standard exhausts are just under the Db level

Its the aftermarket pipes like

vance & hines

screaming eagle

etc

They are way over the limit, yet I also wonder how they dont get picked on. I guess it could be a resemblance to the "bandito's" or the "comenchero's" or the "Im a big man on a big bike im tough" clubs so people just leave em alone

The reason they don't get picked on by the public and the police is the whole reason bikie gangs started in Oz. Back in the 60's and 70's young bike riders started modifying their rides.....the public complained about the noise and hoons and the police started a crackdown. The bikers got together and formed clubs where as a 'pack' they could fight back....and by that I mean literally in some cases. The police and gangs got together and formed a peace by kinda saying you don't annoy us and we don't annoy you. Of course this all changed when they started doing real crimes like drugs and guns etc etc.

Does the early part of that story sound familiar at all??