SAU Community

Diff Noise

redevil

Hey guys just wondering if anyone could help me.. I've got a Kaaz 2-way in my R33 and every so often when i turn at low speeds it makes like a squeeling noise... Just wondering if anyone knows wat would cause it???

I have the same diff and i have never heard a "squealing noise".....

Apart from what turboedsloth said, i do get wheel squeal due to the diff locking them around tight corners. Was the diff installed properly? If so all i could suggest is replacing the diff oil and maybe having an inspect.

Sure its not the tires?

I have a stock diff thats is very tight (probably been tightened by the previous owner), the tyres skip on corners at low speed , its not quite a squealing sound but more of a one-tyre is skipping so I can turn (at low speed).

The diff groans when reversing at low speed (it does this much less since we loosened it slightly, still locks on corners though). It has no high pitched noises...

its a kaaz thing, mine does it in carparks, just make sure when it comes time for an oil change you put the right oil an additive in it otherwise it'll clunk an grind an carry on an you'll hate it an think you've f**ked something