SAU Community

Sreamer Pipe

pimpn33

i got a external waste gate witha screamer but because of the yellow sticker i have put it into the exhauts but i kinda feels like the power is not the same is there any reason for this ??

was it tuned with the screamer ? maybe piping the screamer into the exhaust may have changed the a/f ratios at the oxygen sensor ? or it may just be the fact that screamer pipes offer a massive horsepower gain over going traditional that you can now feel the loss

i got a external waste gate witha screamer but because of the yellow sticker i have put it into the exhauts but i kinda feels like the power is not the same is there any reason for this ??

Because they exhaust you have isnt good enough :/

Ie, not free flowing…

You need a proper, decent system if you want to plumb-back and not have issues

Tune isnt really the reason for it, its the added restriction

man doesn't matter how much you pay for somethin.. that doesn't make it good...

if it feels doughy then it's because it's been made restrictive a screamer pipe will produce the same power as a properly designed exhaust no drama's what so ever. I work for an exhaust company and talked to the engineers about this several times... It's all down to the design

the system is a little under $2200 so i think it is good enough i was thinkin it could just be the flow and the tuning cos it was tuned with the screamer

Well, sorry to say... but for $2200 it clearly isnt good enough, otherwise there would be no performance loss at all.

Nothing to do with it "tuned" with the screamer, its after the turbo... therefore tune changes wont affect it.

Its being caused by pressure build up, which is a poor flowing exhaust first and foremost.

its the plecebo *spelling* effect man...

if u think it ''feels'' less powerful it will feel like that.

HENCE- if u have a decent exhaust and have mounted the pipe WITH the exhaust flow u will be FINE.

u probably are used to the sound

SOUND DOESNT EQUAL POWAH

Edited by r33cruiser

If your exhaust is free flowing, you will not loose any power going from screamer back to exhaust pipe returned.

I'm sure it doesn't SOUND nearly as fast though :blink:

+1

When i had my first car laser tx3 4wd, i had a screamer pipe for 2 years from my wastegate, then i had it plumbed back into the exhaust & it did feel like it had less power slightly, but when on the dyno it made roughly exactly the same power as with the pipe plumbed back.