SAU Community

324mm And 310mm Rotors

Hey guys,

Need help! I am doing a brake upgrade and its driving me nutts!! The plan was to go to R34GTT brakes.

So far I have:

GTT QFM Pads front and back

GTTRear Calipiers

GTTRear DBA slotted Rotors 297mm x 30mm

Braided lines being custom made

Now the problems:

I bought R34GTT front DBA Slotted rotors of ebay for $299, they arrived and they are R33GTR Rotors 324mm x 32mm

Can't find front GTT calipiers.

Question:

Will the 324mm x 32mm Rotors work with R34GTT Calipiers (if I can find them) which normally have 310mm x 30mm???

I have 17 x 9 rims so space is no problem.

I have look though whole site to find but I can't see any info on this specific combo.

As it happens GTT front rotors are friggin hard to find also.

If the gtt calipers are designed for 30 mm thickness, then they will probably not be suitable for 40 mm gtr disks

I may be wrong here but I think the R34GTT are 310mm x 30mm and the R33GTR is 324mm x 32mm so it would be 2mm difference

regardless, without caliper adapters you will not fit those disks under an r34 Gtt caliper. I would suggest getting some r32gtst calipers and caliper adapters and keeping the rotors and pads. It's the cheapest way out now.

I didn't have too much trouble finding gtt rotors. but i spent 3 times as much as you and got 2 piece project mu gear :)

regardless, without caliper adapters you will not fit those disks under an r34 Gtt caliper. I would suggest getting some r32gtst calipers and caliper adapters and keeping the rotors and pads. It's the cheapest way out now.

I didn't have too much trouble finding gtt rotors. but i spent 3 times as much as you and got 2 piece project mu gear :)

I would prefer having R34 fronts and rears if possible and if I have to get caliper adjusters either way I may as well get em.

Or just sell the slotted 324mm's and get 310mm's

I don't know, I'll try to find out how much for adjusters 1st.

Thanks heaps for the info

the gtr rotors will not fit the gtt calipers.

i did a brake/rotor upgrade on my r34 n/a and i was going for dba slotted all round but i could only get the rear, so i had to rda and at the time they didnt make 310mm (gtt size) rotors, so i had to get the 324mm rotors, being the gtr ones.

we tried to fit the gtt calipers with the 324mm rotor but they did not fit at all, the caliper was rubbing against the rotor! so in the end we ended up machining the rotor down to 310mm.

hope this helps :)