SAU Community

Any Truth To The Evo Rumour?

PAV34

I heard/read somewhere theres going to be an Evolution R35 GTR, anyone got further info on that? or is it still too early...

please tell me the idea to call it Evolution is a joke.

its bad enough that theres a plethora of cars purporting to be GTRs out there. BMW M3 GTR, there is a merc GTR too i believe. nissan should have trademarked it!

please tell me the idea to call it Evolution is a joke.

its bad enough that theres a plethora of cars purporting to be GTRs out there. BMW M3 GTR, there is a merc GTR too i believe. nissan should have trademarked it!

well both nissan and holden had GTR models come out in 1969 so it would be hard to say who came up with the name first. then it depends on if anyone used it before them.

there are have been a lot of "Clubspec Evo" WRX's I think 10 or 11 now.. In lots of different colors, re GTR Evo, there is a post which has photos of articles in this section..

Gran Tourer Racer.....you can hardly patent something that has been used by so many manufacturers over so many years.....

'Grand Touring' actually

but of a misnomer anyway- because 'Touring' over and decent distance in a GT-R is anything but 'Grand', as any owner could tell you :P

there are have been a lot of "Clubspec Evo" WRX's I think 10 or 11 now.. In lots of different colors, re GTR Evo, there is a post which has photos of articles in this section..

I thought the Evo WRX series was an Australian only reference.

Re GTR models I have read that they intend on releasing 3 different versions. I'm no help obviously.

Edit: Now that I think about it the article talking about the 3 versions referred to an Evo. not sure that anybody outside of Nissan really knows anything. I suspect it's all speculation.

Edited by Smurf

'Grand Touring' actually

but of a misnomer anyway- because 'Touring' over and decent distance in a GT-R is anything but 'Grand', as any owner could tell you :)

thought it was grand turismo racer? :(

Thats awesome about the origin of the GTR name and all but all, but all i want to know is if there is going to be an EVO R35 GTR??????

No, but there probably will be a R35GTR VSpec and I suspect an R35GTR N1, if necessary, to homolgate some extra bits.

Cheers

gary