SAU Community

Fibrevision And Cowley's Repairs

G_Force

Has anyone here had work done recently by either Fibrevision or Cowleys in Cannington? Would like to know wot their fibreglass n paintwork is like for bodykits - how well they get it to fit, good/crap fibreglass work, matching paintwork to factory...

Ive read a no. of old posts on both places, Cowleys has had a no of positive comments, Fibrevisions had both plus n minus comments but these posts were old tho, ppl in the workshops have moved round since, well i kno one of the guys from Fibrevision has moved on anyway so i would like to know wot their recent/current jobs have been like. If u got pics of their work, post away.

Cheers all.

Edited by G_Force

i got sideskrits and pods fitted and painted by fibrevision about 6 months ago now and they seemed to have done a good job of it as the paint matches well and blends in with the rest of the car and the kit hasn't lifted or anything like that either and they were the most reasonably priced as well.

Also had the bumper and couple of things resprayed by them a few months after that and they said they would take 3 weeks but ended up taking 6-7 weeks and did a good job with the paint but didn't trim the bumper around the fmic neatly after i told them to and paid them to and just could have done a better job with the fitting side of things so wasn't overly happy with what they did.

Just dropped of a gtr wing to cowley smash yesterday to get painted and Brett was by far the nicest person and also very reasonably priced so will see how that turns out but from reading peoples experiences don't think there will be any problems and just speaking to him leaves you very confident with their operation.

fibrevision seems busy... doing showcars!!

seen a few nice rides his done, like the red 180sx = ferrari lookalike

he seems to take his time, hence why i didnt get him to do mine...

Yea seen the Ferrari 180 round, dont particularly like it but its different. I was also told of skirts done by Fibrevision falling off coz they weren't glued on properly, dont kno if it was just a one off or...

hmmm i wreckon fibre vision charges an arm and a leg...but i guess they do good work my mate used to work as the spray painter there....cowley's do exceptional job...e.g on [Michael]'s nismo front bar he told me it was fully smashed.....then he showed me the finished result and it was awesome :rolleyes: got his gtr wing painted nicely colour matched etc etc so cowly's ftw ;)

Cheeres

Chi

hmmm i wreckon fibre vision charges an arm and a leg...but i guess they do good work my mate used to work as the spray painter there....cowley's do exceptional job...e.g on [Michael]'s nismo front bar he told me it was fully smashed.....then he showed me the finished result and it was awesome :P got his gtr wing painted nicely colour matched etc etc so cowly's ftw :(

Cheeres

Chi

Well both places have given me very similar quotes. Brett n Dave from Cowleys seem very friendly & helpfull and were willing to work round me so i can have the car for the weekends and drop it back to them during the week for work as both places said it'll take 1-2 weeks. So leaning towards Cowley's atm.

• 3 years later...

Anyone had any more recent experience at cowley smash? Just wana make sure no change of ownership or anything that could result in maybe lesser quality. cheers

Hi Julz,

With Cowley smash, the only experience I had was seeing my friend's boot resprayed in pearl white last year. I can say they did a good job. The only thing was they didn't connect the third brake light in the car properly from the spoiler brake light.

WIth Fibre Vision, I just painted and fitted my new side skirts with them last month. I can also say they did a good job. They also know alot about aftermarket car body parts as well.

Also, I just want to throw in another name as an option for you. When I got rear-ended by L-plater while doing a U-turn in 2008, I went to this place call Uneeda smash repair in Welshpool. My car is a V35 coupe and they didn't know anything about my car. Still, they did a great job. I went through with my insurance, so the end result was perfect.

At the end of the day, I think they will do their best. Call them up and see who can convinces you the most and which place is more convenient for you. Call them up regularly during the repair process and keep yourself up-to-date with the progress. Good luck again.

Edited by VNS 24

• 8 months later...

Every workshop/garage/panel beaters are going to have bad stories with them. You should really triple check the work before paying and driving off, important thing is dont rush them and ask them to fix any issues you find