SAU Community

Should I Swap

redevil

Supercharged, nice i like the setup... Looks very different and for some reason im turned on by it :rolleyes:

But as everyone said is not going to be too fast and your fuel mileage will be pretty shocking as those thing weight a bit...

Not to mention they dont stop all that well... However that all said horses for courses...

If you want a go fast stop quick semi street/track car than keep the r33

if you want a cruiser, comfotable, luxury (in comparison to an r33) to spare and a nice v8 tone, then swap it

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supercharged, nice i like the setup... Looks very different and for some reason im turned on by it :rolleyes:

But as everyone said is not going to be too fast and your fuel mileage will be pretty shocking as those thing weight a bit...

Not to mention they dont stop all that well... However that all said horses for courses...

If you want a go fast stop quick semi street/track car than keep the r33

if you want a cruiser, comfotable, luxury (in comparison to an r33) to spare and a nice v8 tone, then swap it

Brings back memories doesn’t it Col, haha! Mine was a real Lexus so I got snob rights though.

To be honest buddy, go with what people are saying. Keep away. They are very expensive car to fix and maintain and do use quite a bit of fuel.

I had a few little mod’s done to mine, and stripped the trim out and I was beating stockish R32’s, S13’s from 110kph roll on, so hardly a performance fun machine.. We wont start on trying to stop one from decent speends on those silvia size brakes they come with either,

I had no end of electric problems and running gear problems. I stopped counting at $11k in work I had to spend over almost 2 years ownership. $3k of that was on a gearbox reco as it let go.

Fun cruiser and the 1uzfe sounds hot with a decent exhaust, but they are just getting too old with too many little problems that add up quick.

your 33 looks f**king sweet dude, if you have a family with kiddies on the way i could see a reason to swap but if you don't i would be keeping the 33. also better the devil you know

Celsior is not a downgrade, it's an upgrade, luxury, comortable, VIP cars..... The 1uz engine is fantastic. Torquey, smooth, hell reliable.... 190kw stock, supercharged it would be pretty quick.... The v8 sounds FANTASTIC.....

But if it is sold, swap for the aristo. Definately. There really is no match for a 2jz

If your not driving stoopid and have a good driving record you have a good chance of being left alone by the cops, keep the line, you have put too much into it to just give it away for a song. I do like the Aristo's though, 2jz, comfort and Toyota reliability, not that Nissan isnt but all my Toyotas were really hard to kill lol.

My ls400 has done 290,000km and zero electrical problems other than the lcd on the climate control which was designed poorly on all models. Like most jap cars, electricals usually aren't a problem.

That said the ls400 handles like poop, and it's not fun until 100km/hr+. It's almost impossible to break traction for instance or go sidewise due to the auto. Also the brakes are underpowered for the a 1700kg car, and the discs warp if you regularly brake hard.

I wouldn't pay any more than $10k for one these days..

well it's got an upgraded gear box in it rebuilt motor and everything when it got supercharged... it's got 356rwhp so pretty towey... i'm tossin up wat to do i'm also lookin at a ford explorer or somethin anyone wan2 swap there car or buy mine outright make me an offer

Edited by redevil

ford explorer

They renamed it to "Ford Exploder" after many 1998-2001 model explorers caught on fire for no aparent reason...

Ford had to recall nation wide to replace the A/C's electrical system in the car as they suspected this to be the fault, months later they were still catching on fire... :huh:

I might be a little late to post here. I might just add my thoughts.

I drove this car pre and post surgury (ie. the supercharger). I can certainly say coming from a gtr background that this car was a beauty. (1) for attention (2) for the drive. It has space, reputation, and luxury. If the owner hasnt played with the seat settings, my personal settings could still be preset. The owner at the time looked after this car really well and was very particular in the way it was presented. I cannot vouch for the new owner but by the looks of it, it hasnt changed.

This car is fantastic and if money wasnt an issue i would have my gtr and this celsior.

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

Edited by arbess