SAU Community

Speed Camera On Mitchel Fwy

munazza

SAT night with a MR2 was quiet fun till i got drilled by a redlight camera!!!! what is the out come i think i was near the 130km/h but the passanger reackons maybe closer to 140km/h

i am quiet stressed and this is my first offence.... i got my plate on the right hand side (front) would that be a benifit ????? on the freeway i was ont he closest lane to were the exit ramps are :)

cheers

Edited by munazza

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it will be $350 and 5 points if it is 30-39 over and if it's 40 over you lose your license so as lach 32 said...your rooted and gonna get :) they keep changing the laws and your lucky the increased fines haven't come in yet.

I'm guessing that by saying plate being on the right hand front by benefit you mean they wont be able to see your plate and you get away with which i doubt.

You deserve to be caught if you were dragging an MR2 of all things anyway.

Edited by Onthehunt

If the MR2 was exactly right next to you when you got flashed, dont think police count it because they cant prove which car was going over the limit.

does anyone know when the new fines and that come out?

like if you go 30 - 40 over..its like $850 fine.

and cars impounded for 7days first offence?

correct me if I'm wrong on these but only had a quick glance when it was on the news

Edited by viet_boi

1. its your own stupid fault, take it on the chin and i hope you learn something.

2. it depends on the type of camera, some can only get you for running a red light and others both red light and speeding.

3.fine will depend on what speed zone you were in. as it was a RED LIGHT camera that got you i guess you were not in a 100 zone, so i would say that it was 60 if you were lucky maybe 80 so i would say that it will be loss of licence and court.

Its people like you who give other import drivers a bad name, if you want to drag someone keep it on the track.

SAT night dragging a MR2 was quiet fun till i got drilled by a redlight camera!!!! what is the out come i think i was near the 130km/h but the passanger reackons maybe closer to 140km/h

i am quiet stressed and this is my first offence.... i got my plate on the right hand side (front) would that be a benifit ????? on the freeway i was ont he closest lane to were the exit ramps are :D

cheers

Your fine will probably be the cost of three track nights at Barbagallo raceway:

No Limits Car Club

This is a safe environment where you get expert driver tuition included, and definately more fun than dragging an MR2 on the freeway

lol at everyone that jumps in the thread saying oh keep it on the track, sure you have neeeeeever broken the speed limit or dragged anyone on the street hey? you guys just love to buy skylines to sit in the left lane at 5km/h under the limit "Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone"

lol at everyone that jumps in the thread saying oh keep it on the track, sure you have neeeeeever broken the speed limit or dragged anyone on the street hey? you guys just love to buy skylines to sit in the left lane at 5km/h under the limit "Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone"

+1

Really gives me the shits.

Well I don't know if you noticed, but the state government has declared a jihad on modified cars. It, mistakenly, believes that they are inextricably linked to last years higher road toll. As our beloved premier said on the tellie last night - they have increased the fines/sanctions etc because it is "easy" to do. Not right, not effective, not responsible. Just easy.

So this sort of behaviour only serves to reinforce their false perceptions & indirectly causes everyone else more grief.

You will find that after you have done some track work you will realise that "dragging people" etc on the street is just lame. Not to mention irresponsible, dangerous, stupid & a bundle of other things besides. It is why others recommend doing some track days.

Maybe instead of expecting people to be purer than St Francis of Assisi you could atleast listen to what they say & perhaps even learn from their mistakes without having to repeat them yourself.

Just a thought.

It's the attitude/tone some people use to "flame" these kind of posts that pisses me off. Everyone is young and stupid once, everyone grows up and learns and gains maturity.

I'm not saying it's ok to do stupid shit on the roads either..

Casting the stone here...There is a time and a place for everything and that place is definately not infront of a redlight camera. Lesson learned I guess

Seriously, keep it on the track; it's alot more fun and you probably wont feel the need for speed when randoms put the word on you...well, quite as much anyway.