SAU Community

Change Fuel Pump For Compliance?

As the V35 coupe has no separate fuel filter, Ive been told that I have to replace the whole fuel pump as part of compliance. This alone is setting me back $700.

Just wondering if there is any way around this?

Thats a bit steep to change the fuel pump!

Yeah $700 is for the compliance workshop to get it direct from Japan.

I just rang the local nissan dealer. They want $1015 :O

part number 17040-CD400

Theres nothing wrong with my car. Its only done 26,000km.

The compliance workshop said it needs to get done - I guess according to DOTARS??? He said there is nothing he can do about it.

Basically every filter/fluid etc needs to be changed. And as the coupe doesnt have a separate fuel filter Ive been told the whole fuel pump needs to be changed to a new factory one.

F'king waste of a fuel pump and $$$ if you ask me.

Iam currently getting my car complianced i dont have to change fuel pump for my car... why what wrong with your how kms has it done ? thats is very expensive for a fuel pump ?

Theres nothing wrong with my car. Its only done 26,000km.

The compliance workshop said it needs to get done - I guess according to DOTARS??? He said there is nothing he can do about it.

Basically every filter/fluid etc needs to be changed. And as the coupe doesnt have a separate fuel filter Ive been told the whole fuel pump needs to be changed to a new factory one.

F'king waste of a fuel pump and $$$ if you ask me.

PM me your compliance shop in Brisbane........... iam in Brisbane is well..... how much was your compliance ?

My one is a coupe is well thats the first ive heard of it

Im actually in Perth. Getting complied in Perth too.

PM me your compliance shop in Brisbane........... iam in Brisbane is well..... how much was your compliance ?

My one is a coupe is well thats the first ive heard of it

They are supposed to be replaced but since people wont pay the money as they just want cheap compliance till the filter goes (yes I know it's very rare), just did M35 Stagea and it was a shit of a job as it is in the fuel tank.

Edited by DRIFTT

Guys, isn't the fuel filter in the V35 one that doesn't need replacing? Hence why they've put it in the tank.

I'm on my second V35 and this wan not mentioned in either.

I think the requirement is that all "consumable" filters be replaced. If the filter is designed to last the life of the car, the it shouldn't fall into the same category as say an oil filter, or air filter.

My opinion is don't do it.

Its just another wank of a job doatars have stipulated.If the evidence has been updated to include this now,its a joke.If it was there from the start then i suspect 99% of compliance centres wouldnt have bothered-thay cut costs wherever they can.

Tell them where to go,and get it done somewhere else.Thats the risk importing yourself-you havent the 'customer loyalty' that an importer would receive due to the larger volume of work they would bring.simple as that.