SAU Community

Group A Thread

N1GTR

• 11 months later...

Hi all,

Thought I might post this...mainly for a little bit of sound.

This is the first shakedown after a complete driveline fresh'n up......rev's were set to 7,000rpm and boost to 20PSI and we were on old slick's.

Timing was 1:05's which imo was not to bad considering we didn't even know we were doing that time!

Hi all,

Thought I might post this...mainly for a little bit of sound.

This is the first shakedown after a complete driveline fresh'n up......rev's were set to 7,000rpm and boost to 20PSI and we were on old slick's.

Timing was 1:05's which imo was not to bad considering we didn't even know we were doing that time!

thanks for sharing - what a beautiful gtr & just the way i remember it as a kid on tv.

what boost & power level were they running in its day (prior to restriction)?

how much weight was saved in its race form?

Hey Craig, are you up this weekend? Are you bringing anything for me to drive?

yup....flying up Thursday.

I wont be playing though....Cazz had some last minute issues with the DR30.....pity because because this meeting is going to have some very quick cars. Dad will be running the GIO car again unless he meets with an accident!

@Marko....boost was set to 26PSI(ph34r.gif) with 8,500rpm in the 90/91 "apparently....but these motors are stupidly strong so who really knows what they did. Power level I would prefer to keep quite.....let's just say it's more than enough....weight is about 1,320kgs from memory.

Edited by Jetwreck

• 1 month later...

Stumbled across this...anyone know who was piloting the R31?

I was there, the R31 was by far the fastest thing out there but he just couldnt keep it on the track with moves like that, he went of 2 or 3 times in that race and they also he to do a drive through (i guess to replicate a pit stop) when he got on it at the top of the exit leaving the pits it died, he rolled all the way down and onto the track and almost came to a stop before he got it started again, its an awesome car to watch and they will be back at sandown at the start of november.

guy's......thought you might like this.....this run is at 1.4bar!..........<1992 boost!

...........we can run 1991 boost!.....ninja.gif

"

"

P.S. That HR31 at Sandown is our old car now owned by Cary McMahon........pretty sure he has his head around the car now....they were early days!

Edited by Jetwreck

what an amazing car & the pinnacle of all gtr's - case closed!

i came across this clip 2 weeks ago by accident & circulated it amongst my friends - such a beast.

JEM made a comment "We don't know engine specs all we know if thats a Gibson built engine. Turbo specs are similar to 2860 -5's but not identical"

do you have the same opinion in that the turbo's are closest to -5s if you were to match these with an off the shelf turbo?

442kw @ 1.4bar (only 20psi)...this is a true example of the R&D that went into this ATCC to make this level of power with 'smallish' turbo's - simply gobsmacking :worship:

guy's......thought you might like this.....this run is at 1.4bar!..........<1992 boost!

"

"

P.S. That HR31 at Sandown is our old car now owned by Cary McMahon........pretty sure he has his head around the car now....they were early days!

"

"

What fuel is it running these days? I suspect that is was more power then they had in the day. Is it truly 1991 Spec?

What fuel is it running these days? I suspect that is was more power then they had in the day. Is it truly 1991 Spec?

Sunoco 260GT is the fuel we are running.........back in 91 the power levels were not that much greater than in 92.....in fact I have heard that the 92 tune was a lot more drivable and safe!.....we are not planning on running the higher boost unless needed!

yes Roy....this is truly 91 specthumbsup.gif....Only difference is the fuel and ECU......we had to move away from the original ECU as we could not source someone to do us new chips.....we would have stayed with the original one if we could have as it was a very good unit.

Thought I might add that this is the last of the GMS motors and it was brand new!....pity they did not supply the chips with it.

Edited by Jetwreck

• 2 months later...