SAU Community

Gtr Thief Gets Three Years- Is It Enough?.

changi

hi all,

some of you may remember I posted a topic [stolen GTR R32] in December. there were many of you that wished me luck with the outcome; thanks for that. anyway, here is the outcome. the thief was eventually brought to court [it took four court appearances to actually nail him down; slimey] and the magistrate gave him 3 yrs for his thieving ways. the facts of this case are that he stole the car, got caught about 2 weeks later, but refused to tell police where the car was. I went to all four court appearances; just to see how the "System" deals with this type of crime. the facts about the thief; he is in his very early 20's and has been stealing cars as career, it seems, since the age of 16. whilst stealing cars was the mainstay of his income, he dabbled in breaking/entering, etc, etc. all in all a wrapsheet of 5 pages showed that he couldn't care less about taking other people's property, causing financial loss and the disruption of the lives of the victims.

my point here is, is three years enough?. is it too much?. three years is a loooonng time when you have only lived 20+!!. the system has failed to change his habits. something is not working. what else can be done?; one traffic branch cop reckons 'broken legs' stops them because they [the thieves] cant get their feet on the pedals!!..

the saddest thing [apart from losing my GTR] was seeing the thief's Mom in court and watching her cry when the magistrate handed down the sentence.

such is life.

the good news is my new GTR R32 is on it's way from Japan to Brizzy. bought at auction, 1992, dark blue, 30k km, one owner, stock standard.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its going to cost him more then just three years of his life, a mate of mine used to be a screw he said jail was just an inconvenience for most crims but every now and then one learns a lesson.

all in all i have no time for thieving pricks so i hope jail is a horrible experience for the dude. Good news about the new GTR though, lets hope its stays yours for longer then the last one.

id be happy with 3 years for a theft when you have ppl that only get 5 yrs for sexual assault on kids..........you tell me which verdict youd be more pissed off at

no argument about those convicted of serious assault charges...that wasn't the question, and I'm not pissed off. just trying to see what SAU members' think about car theft/the law regarding car theft.

regards

no argument about those convicted of serious assault charges...that wasn't the question, and I'm not pissed off. just trying to see what SAU members' think about car theft/the law regarding car theft.

regards

Stuff 3 years. I say bring back capital punishment. steal a car lose a hand. bastard wont do it again will he. would prevent soo much more people from taking up the life of crime too. I'll even take the job lopping their slimey hands off. ive got a real dull axe thatll take a few hacks to get through the bones.

damn thieves pi$$ me off.

rant over. :/

lmao doesnt every r32 gtr that arrives in australia have around that many kms on the clock...lmao

no.... but I see where you are going with this!. this one has full docu'/service history and looks the part. I've done all I can to check the validity of the clock reading. if it turns out otherwise it wont be the first, nor the last time a car deal turns shitty.

3 years, that'll teach him.

The bad part is that after 3 years he'll come as a better crim. and the vicious cycle goes on.

The punishement should be that the 3 years, instead of sitting in jail, they should be personal slave to the ppls he stole from.

and any breach of the sentence should be dealt with corporal punishment from who ever wants to hand it out.

3 years is good. But watch him probably get out in 1.

yeah, that's what the proscutor said. I'll be keeping tabs on him; he's been orderded to pay restitution when he gets out; I'm not holding my breath waiting for that!!.

regards

3 years, that'll teach him.

The bad part is that after 3 years he'll come as a better crim. and the vicious cycle goes on.

The punishement should be that the 3 years, instead of sitting in jail, they should be personal slave to the ppls he stole from.

and any breach of the sentence should be dealt with corporal punishment from who ever wants to hand it out.

I like your style but he stole 3 cars in October ['07] alone, so there would be a "slave share" programme written up.

its going to cost him more then just three years of his life, a mate of mine used to be a screw he said jail was just an inconvenience for most crims but every now and then one learns a lesson.

all in all i have no time for thieving pricks so i hope jail is a horrible experience for the dude. Good news about the new GTR though, lets hope its stays yours for longer then the last one.

yep, I had the last one for 6 yrs; a lot of time, effort and $$ invested. more care this time.

Dark blue gtr sounds good!!

i've got one of my own!!

dark blue was my first choice when looking for this one; funnily enough, I had a chance to get a blue one when I bought my first GTR but decided on the gunmetal because it was in better condition. I didn't know then that dark blue is a relatively rare colour. when I was searching the auction sites in Japan looking this time, I checked out hundreds of post June '92 r32 GTRs and only saw 2 blues come up for sale in 2 months. the other one was a totally modded out wreck.

regards

such a young life wasted. Im sure he has learnt the hard way. After doing it hard for 3 years he will change his ways.

agreed, I hope; he changes his 'career' choices, and if not, he stays away from skylines.