SAU Community

car alarm's wat to look for wats good in brands

Originally posted by Southo

Dudes,  

If you can hold out for a little while longer, I can give you details of a company that is about to release Australia wide.

It's Satellite based tracking, with a GSM notification system.

I am waiting on a call back from these guys - they are in the final testing phase at the moment.

Awwwww... but I want it nooooow! *pout*

Southo,

You're obviously in the security industry. Do you know when the Brant Nemesis2 with tracking is scheduled for release? Or do you know whether the Nemesis can be upgraded to include tracking?

Is their system worthwhile?

NRB,

No, not in the Security industy, but work close with it :D

Brant make great alarms/immobilisers, make no mistake about that, whether it is worthwile really depends on how much you want to protect your car. Brant are at the "top of the tree" when it comes to vehuicle security, so some of their units cost a little more than others, and to some the extra security is well worth it.

Not sure about the Nemisis2/Tracker. Give Brant a call, (02) 9712-5522.

I havn't received any info from them for a while actiually, I will follow up on it.

One thing I really like about Brant is that they don't let just anyone install their systems. To me, this shows that they care about the product and their reputation, and don't let just anyone have a chance of ruining that thru poor installation or taking short cuts. I wish more companies took this approach, looking at some of the systems available at the moment and the very poor installations i come across.

Disclaimer:, I do not work for any of the companies mentioned here, nor do I receive any payments from them for praising or promoting their products.

After having arisen one morning to have my WRX missing from the spot I parked it the night before, security means a lot to me. I don't mind spending a few extra dollars to protect my toy. I've heard from "security experts" that if you can add a feature that will delay a thief 2 seconds, it could be the difference between a theft and an attempted theft. Add a few of these features and the thief will hopefully leave the car alone.

I never want to experience that sinking feeling of realising someone has stolen your pride and joy.

Exactly.

Whilst no one can ever guarantee yoour vehicle won't go missing, the more barriers you provide, the greater likelyhood that the theif will give up and move on.

All but the most determined professional would probably give up trying to deal with a 6 point immobiliser annd tracking system. The trouble is, rather than being petty car thieves. they turn into car jackers as they can not get the car by normal "traditional" methods. - this is an entirely different problem where your saftey becomes an issue - trackers are the only weapon here with any success.

Check the link I posted above to quik trak's recoveries and you'll see what I mean.

Anything you can do to make it harder and therefore take longer, to steal your car means a greater chance of it being there when you get back. Ie, Clublocks, whilst some are easily overcome, if a theif has to deal with a internal siren, clublock and immobilisation circuit or three, chances are he will move onto the one without the clublock - it's "one less problem" that the theif has to deal with in a busy car park.

My father bought a 2dr Aussie STi from new, it came with a Brant alarm (unsure what model?) On @ least 2 separate occasions the car had to be towed back to the Subaru dealer due to the alarm hijack feature disabling the car for no particular reason?!?

I don't recall the full details of what was happening? But he wasn't a happy chap!

Mind you, my ol' man has trouble working the average VCR, so it "may" have been an operator caused fault? :D

Guest | hype^ |

6 point mean that 6 different point in the engine are immobilised..

eg fuel pump, ignition etc etc..

as far as laser line iv never heard of it..

Yes, 6 individual points are immobilised.

Ie, Fuel Pump, Injectors, Starter Motor, Ignition Power, Coil/Spark, ECU etc

If you vehicle doesn't have all of these, they can immobilise one or more circuits more than once.

As for the WRX STi Anti Car Jacking system, - I won't explain what trips them or how they work on a public forum, suffice to say that they catch a few people out when they are not used to it, or forget what they have to do.

If the normal "reset" didn't work, chances are there may have been a wire lose or a faulty component causing your father some greif.

Laserline doesn't ring a bell to me.