SAU Community

I Really Need Help With My Skyline R33 Its Sick...

Shmee33

hey i have an r33 gtst skyline i seem to have problems with it.

when i start the car when its cold the engine feels tip top.

when i drive for a while and the engine satrts to heat up a bit it feels like the car wants to stall and has an idle problem.

when i turn the car on when its hot it takes a little bit to find its idle...

it goes from 100 to 1000 in reving and sometimes stalls when i try.

also when i rev my car a little it sounds like there is a rattle where the timing belt is.

it kicks in at about 1000 and cuts out a little later.

things i have replaced.

oxy sensor

tps

engine and turbo

mods i have

hks airpod filter

carbon battery.

i have video of it

also my throttle cable feels lose as you can see in the video.

$15 will be rewarded with correct awnser for both things that need fixing.

i will slowly replace items once i know whats going on.

on thursday my car will get dignostics done.

i only ask this because everywhere i go machanics are like agrrrr this is the problem but its not really agrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

thanks alex

looking from the front of the car the ACC valve is on the left hand rocker cover under the induction pipe connecting to intake manifold. correct?

• 11 months later...
Yeah sounds like your AAC is stuck open or the regulator is faulty
Pull the plug on and off to see if theres a drop/increase in revs.

What if there is a drop or increase in revs? Which is supposed to happen?

Edited by Neejay

• 1 month later...
<br />hey i have an r33 gtst skyline i seem to have problems with it.<br />when i start the car when its cold the engine feels tip top.<br />when i drive for a while and the engine satrts to heat up a bit it feels like the car wants to stall and has an idle problem.<br />when i turn the car on when its hot it takes a little bit to find its idle...<br />it goes from 100 to 1000 in reving and sometimes stalls when i try.<br /><br /><br />also when i rev my car a little it sounds like there is a rattle where the timing belt is.<br />it kicks in at about 1000 and cuts out a little later.<br /><br />things i have replaced.<br />oxy sensor<br />tps<br />engine and turbo<br /><br />mods i have <br />hks airpod filter <br />carbon battery.<br /><br /><br />i have video of it<br /><br />also my throttle cable feels lose as you can see in the video.<br />$15 will be rewarded with correct awnser for both things that need fixing.<br />i will slowly replace items once i know whats going on.<br />on thursday my car will get dignostics done.<br />i only ask this because everywhere i go machanics are like agrrrr this is the problem but its not really agrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr<br />thanks alex<br />
<br /><br /><br

wow, we are in pretty similar situations, Ive done a rebuild, done the turbo and only got a pod filter. Yeah only rebuild the long block, so kinda sems like they gave me back this amazing engine block surrouned by sh*tty parts lol. my idle used to be all over the place, so i began replacing parts. i replaced the IAC valve,then eventually the whole unit, got new tps, got it re positioned, got a new throttle body and cleaned the unit out. That worked for my idle issues, never stalled or hunted around much again, only rarely. I'd also check for any vacuum leaks or cracked hoses, ask ur mech to do a compression test. rebuilt engines have so much power when everything around them is running right. also for your rattle, I'd suggest u check that all the bolts up font are tightened. Good luck wit it

Ben

• 9 months later...

Ben, I am currently having problems very similar to this and you said you replaced your IACV Valve and i have ben told thats what i need to do but i am having a lot of trouble finding out where to get one, Nissan don't want to sell me the valve alone they want me to buy the entire unit and that is around $1k for something i dont need, could you tell me where you got your new/used one from please? I have a 1996 R33 series II.

• 1 month later...