SAU Community

Anyone Know Who Repairs Carbon Fibre Bonnets?

hey guys,

well i just purchased a carbon fibre bonnet for my r32 gtr not long ago, i purchased off sau's, it was in excellent condition but the freight company damaged it while coming my way because of idiots not wrapping it up properly, it has a little crack on the bottom corner of the bonnet and a scratch on the drivers side of the bonnet in the middle, they are not really noticeable but im just fussy and i need it done asap, please guys just help me with this,

cheers tony

any help will be appreciated

same thing happened to me dude :) .

i think it would be pretty tuff to repair. Getting the fibre strands to match up would be nearly impossible.

i was always planning on painting mine anyway so i don't have to worry to much.

sell it to someone who is gonna paint it anyway... buy a new one?

nar man i cbf going through the hassle no more, ill just probably get it repainted but really want to get it repaired

with the crack, any damaged to the carbon fibre wave? if not, the panel beater should be able to fix the crack, re-rasin and do the clear coat same as the scratch, he can rub it and put the new clear coat

if the carbon wave damaged, no way he can fix it without painting new colour in that area.. if u have to paint, paint around the edge of the bonnet and blend it to the centre of the bonnet and leave the centre section for the carbon fibre look..

look for 2GU UP's car in the photo section, he paint the bonnet and leave the centre section for carbon fibre

hope this make sence to U

cheers

with the crack, any damaged to the carbon fibre wave? if not, the panel beater should be able to fix the crack, re-rasin and do the clear coat same as the scratch, he can rub it and put the new clear coat

if the carbon wave damaged, no way he can fix it without painting new colour in that area.. if u have to paint, paint around the edge of the bonnet and blend it to the centre of the bonnet and leave the centre section for the carbon fibre look..

look for 2GU UP's car in the photo section, he paint the bonnet and leave the centre section for carbon fibre

hope this make sence to U

cheers

i cant find 2gu up's car in photto section, will you be able to show me where it is because i was thinking already to paint the sides black and leave the middle and the vents carbon fibre aswell but i just want to see what it will look like,

cheers mate