SAU Community

Dog Scratched My Gtr............

i was driving home last night with mate (about 1:00am) when i aproached a speed hump and saw a staffie looking dog on the road. As i stopped this moron of a dog decides to jump on my front bar and just stares at me. it then ran around to my side of the car and thought about jumping up so i start trying to drive off and it runs to the front of the car again and dissapeared. So as i start to creep over the speed hump the dog shows up on the passenger side and jumps onto my guard and then my door at which point i cracked the shts and dialled in x amount of revs and got out of there. The most frustrating part of this was that the owner of the dog was just standing on the footpath talking on the phone AND DIDNT EVEN SAY A WORD!!!! So i got around the corner and jumped out to inspect... bingo. Guard and door scratched :/ .( Because it was dark the scratches looked worse on my phone light than what they really were). So iv done a U-turn and gone back to the owner(mind you the dogs still roaming while the owner is holding the chain) and told him his dog scratched my car, to which he replied, what do you wana do about it.

We ended up calling it square after he said it will never happen again and i was confident it would buff out.

So today i gave it a hand cut and polish and..........presto

My question is: Is it me or do ppl not respect other ppls cars these days, to just keep their mouth shut while their pet destroys ppls pride and,

: has anyone else encountered a situation like this?

u called it square jus cos he 'says' it wont happen again...as if...he doesnt care....he would have let the dog do it again if it had the chance....i would have been out of the car and ripped the dog apart....or jus ran over it and then gone 'meh, deserved it'!

u called it square jus cos he 'says' it wont happen again...as if...he doesnt care....he would have let the dog do it again if it had the chance....i would have been out of the car and ripped the dog apart....or jus ran over it and then gone 'meh, deserved it'!

if it does happen again ill hang the thing in his front yard. btw i did think about running it over but thought about the damage it would have caused to my bar.

It's going back almost 20 years ago, but I was in my mate's new car when he hit a dog that ran in front of his car and ripped off his front bar. We stopped and looked at the (now dead) dog's collar and got the details to do the right thing and ring the owner.

When he claimed on insurance later, he gave the details of the owner and didn't lose his no claim bonus as it was deemed not his fault.

The pit bull would of bitten on your nuts so hard you'd shit your pants, get real.

Ok the dog was out of place no biggie.

Be happy that it was a dog and it polished out, it could have been much worse if a gang of kids came out of nowhere and chucked rocks at your car.

Edited by Modena

Not much you can do mate. If it happens again make the bloke pay for a respray.

Good point. If you kill his dog, not only will you be a heartless c0ckhead, but the dog's owner will not only scratch your car, he will dint it, smash the glass and will also do the same to your face... I know I would. :D

Edited by Modena

As if called it truce after he says he wont do it again... I would of demanded a monetary payout on the spot "to fix the damages" AND THEN consider buffing it out... otherwise report his ass to the police and unleash your insurance on his ass - that would ought to teach him.

You pussy....

did you want me to kick his head in and then have to deal with whatever else he does to my car? + i didnt just leave it as yeah no worries mate, we argued about it for a while but the problem was this guy looked like he had about $100 to his name and im not preped to make a mess out of a sh;t situation that could land me into fixing alot more than a scratch.

Well MY staffie jumped in the open window of my GTR, slept in there overnight, then had trouble climbing back out. Scratches on the door trims and paint on the door. I'd bash the owner but it would be like liar liar, hurting myself..... :)

Good point. If you kill his dog, not only will you be a heartless c0ckhead, but the dog's owner will not only scratch your car, he will dint it, smash the glass and will also do the same to your face... I know I would. :)

I'm with Modena, it would be a lot more than a scratched panel if you tried to kill the dog.

Take it out on the owner, NOT the dog.

And no, I'm not suggesting you hang the owner, just sort it out with him.