SAU Community

The V Series Spotted Thread

WIN! I hope you're right Tony aha. Nah 210KW they increased it from 200 in Jan this year

You are right. It is now 210kW.. just got my coupe last week. Feel like a pro driving a car like this on my P plates and cops cannot do anything (I don't know why they would care.. it's such a respectable car).

You are right. It is now 210kW.. just got my coupe last week. Feel like a pro driving a car like this on my P plates and cops cannot do anything (I don't know why they would care.. it's such a respectable car).

Where do you live mate? Yeah i've only ever been pulled up once for an RBT and got complimented by the female officer (she just wanted my penis) but i guess if i had an obnoxious exhaust and was low as f*ck it might not have been a compliment, rather a defect

hey norby how long have u been waiting if i may ask? I'm in the same boat as u...

Took a while on the boat, then 1.5-2 weeks in quarantine, 2 days to get the compliance work done now just waiting on all my paper work to come through. The guys reckon a week or two!

Hi Norby, my car only took 5 days to pass customs, Melbourne right?

2 days to get complied? wow that's quick....usually it's 2-3 weeks isn't it?

Yeah Melbourne :)

The actual work to get it complianced is quick, the 2-3 weeks is waiting for paperwork from the government and for the actual compliance plate

They tend to fly under the radar as they dot appear to be hoon mobiles. P players can drive them in Qld dude. We've been through this mate. Kw limit is 210.

I don't think the police really know what's banned and what isn't.. I watched one of those 'police patrol' TV shows a while back based in Melbourne.. they pulled over a p plater in a BMW 335 for expired rego. wasn't until they were about the let him go that their computer told them a 335 is a twin turbo 6cyl.. and therefore restricted..

Their computer probably doesn't even know what a 350GT is.. and it clearly isn't a lamborghini. :)

Wish that was the case in Syd- few years back . Police knew exactly what it was. In car video showed cops saying..."It's a f...ken skyline." I had no dramas with my R33gtst before 2007 I think a few serious accidents in Syd between 3-6 years ago alerted them to the brand a lot more.

Yeah Melbourne :)

The actual work to get it complianced is quick, the 2-3 weeks is waiting for paperwork from the government and for the actual compliance plate

All depends on if complier is busy Or there are non standard item need changing.They had to find a standard exhaust for mine.. Then swap it back after compliance- took 10 days but that was 5 years ago & when not too many 05 around!

Where do you live mate? Yeah i've only ever been pulled up once for an RBT and got complimented by the female officer (she just wanted my penis) but i guess if i had an obnoxious exhaust and was low as f*ck it might not have been a compliment, rather a defect

I live in north Brisbane. And yeah, I know for a fact it's 210kW. I haven't been pulled up yet.. though I've had it for a week. And everything on the car 100% stock except for the aluminium intake pipe.

And yeah, cops have no idea what it actually is. If it was the sedan, you can get away with telling the cops it's a maxima. The coupe does look a little fast and sporty.. but it's still a clean looking respectable vehicle.. and it's legal for us QLD people anyway.

I live in north Brisbane. And yeah, I know for a fact it's 210kW. I haven't been pulled up yet.. though I've had it for a week. And everything on the car 100% stock except for the aluminium intake pipe.

And yeah, cops have no idea what it actually is. If it was the sedan, you can get away with telling the cops it's a maxima. The coupe does look a little fast and sporty.. but it's still a clean looking respectable vehicle.. and it's legal for us QLD people anyway.

Are you coming to the V meet? Where in North Brisbane? I'm a north-sider as well. :)

Are you coming to the V meet? Where in North Brisbane? I'm a north-sider as well. :)

There's a possibility I will be there. I'm a full time accounting student with 2 jobs (why did I buy a $16,000 V35?) and I have a flipping Corporations Law assignment due around then. If all works out, I might come. If not this time, then definitely next.