SAU Community

Gearbox Issues.

BunkyS13

Hey guys,

As some people may know/heard the Stagea broke down the other night, had a rattle coming from the gearbox and wouldn't select any gears so i got it towed to a Transmission place. Blah Blah Blah. Got told the "Oil Pump in Transmission has blown up".

Question time:

1. Stagea gearbox is different to all other Nissan boxes being that its AWD RB25DET Neo?

2. Anyone know the Oil Pump Part No# for the Transmission?

3. Do you think you can get an after market one of these if so, where from?

Cheers,

Corey

Hey guys,

As some people may know/heard the Stagea broke down the other night, had a rattle coming from the gearbox and wouldn't select any gears so i got it towed to a Transmission place. Blah Blah Blah. Got told the "Oil Pump in Transmission has blown up".

Question time:

1. Stagea gearbox is different to all other Nissan boxes being that its AWD RB25DET Neo?

2. Anyone know the Oil Pump Part No# for the Transmission?

3. Do you think you can get an after market one of these if so, where from?

Cheers,

Corey

TRY WA Automatics on 94936080 ask for steve,good luck,only series 2 are different ,series 1 has A box most skylines,series 2 has B box tiptronic,cheer`s chuckie.

TRY WA Automatics on 94936080 ask for steve,good luck,only series 2 are different ,series 1 has A box most skylines,series 2 has B box tiptronic,cheer`s chuckie.

the car is currently at a workshop in osbourne park, and cant find this damn oil pump info anywhere :domokun: ohhh and yeah its a 1998 Series 2 Stag with Tiptronic Box

Edited by BunkyS13

the car is currently at a workshop in osbourne park, and cant find this damn oil pump info anywhere :domokun: ohhh and yeah its a 1998 Series 2 Stag with Tiptronic Box

what figures they quoting for rebuild ????

well ive had a few updates....parts $920 ex. japan (nissan said could take upto 8 weeks to get here) so im just grabbing a gbox from a guy i know. waiting to hear back from the warranty company for them to say they will pay the Remove and Refit costs. only catch is because its a 2nd hand box they remove just the gbox from the warranty and the rest stays.

Cheers,

Corey

Try Mike at MV Automatics is SA, he knows Nissan boxes better than anyone.

As far as I know all Nissan RWD autos are pretty much the same, minor variences only. R33GTST, R34GTT, Navara, Patrol etc

The ATTESSA doesn't make any difference to the internals of the auto, just the output shaft is different to accommodate the chain drive to the clutch pack.

Cheers

Gary

which program is that? i wondered if there was stagea reference manuals in digital format

Program is NISSAN FAST, download from various sites.