SAU Community

Superlap Timeattack Is Ago!

giant

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume type is either the variant (ie GTST) or they mean street/race. actually they have type twice so the first one would be variant. as for log book you don't have one. obviously if your car is logbooked then you would put the number in. only applies to cams log booked cars.

Whats this log book thing on the form?

What do I need to fill in for type of car?

I put "Skyline" in that bit, then GTR in the bit below

Forms sent just then - bring on the practice laps!

Have you guys given thought to the spectating aspect and all that it entails yet Nathan?

The line up for both classes at the moment looks awesome and I'd love to see some of these cars getting around the track.

Maybe if this sort of thing takes off I might have another reason to help me convince the other half to let me modify the unregistered hunk of metal in the garage :thumbsup:

I'd just need to find the money first! lol

Have you guys given thought to the spectating aspect and all that it entails yet Nathan?

The line up for both classes at the moment looks awesome and I'd love to see some of these cars getting around the track.

Maybe if this sort of thing takes off I might have another reason to help me convince the other half to let me modify the unregistered hunk of metal in the garage :thumbsup:

I'd just need to find the money first! lol

Spectators are welcome it will be $15 at the gate.

Cheers

-Nathan

Clubsprint Class can only use street tyres.

Time for everyone in the street class to go out and get some Federal 595RS tyres. Last time i checked they weren't in the cams book as a R compound semi slick so still a street tyre :banana:

Time for everyone in the street class to go out and get some Federal 595RS tyres. Last time i checked they weren't in the cams book as a R compound semi slick so still a street tyre :banana:

Which (to my mind) shows up the fundamental problem in forcing people to run "road" tyres. They end up having to buy new (shit) tyres to be anywhere near competitive, thus negating the whole point of the exercise.

Anyway. Good luck & go the Porsches. Eh?

595RS are on the list of tyres you can't use on the website.

"All vehicles entering the Superlap Clubsprint Series must run on S compound tyres. Tyres that are exempt from Clubsprint class are show on the Superlap Australia Tyre List. Click Here for the Superlap Australia Tyre List. Tyres which are also exempt from Clubsprint Class that are not shown on this list are Hoosier A6, Hoosier R6, Kumho Ecsta V710 and Avon Tech R-A."

If it comes to Sunny QLD can I suggest it is held somewhere other than Queensland Raceway, such a bad track for a well balance car. It's a power bore-a-drome in my opinion. Options of other tracks are limited I know, Morgan park would have adequate facilities, I don't know of any others with pit and gararge facilities most top end competitiors would want.

Which (to my mind) shows up the fundamental problem in forcing people to run "road" tyres. They end up having to buy new (shit) tyres to be anywhere near competitive, thus negating the whole point of the exercise.

Anyway. Good luck & go the Porsches. Eh?

Want to win, buy new tyres. Want to have fun, show up and have fun...

Rear engined 6cyl cars are disallowed if you read the rules so goodbye porsche

Nathan,

Any plans for an event in sunny QLD destined for the near future??

Yes we are hoping to run one in QLD in the near future so long as this first event is a success

We are going to narrow down the tyre list for Clubsprint Class very soon we just have to sit down and discuss it.

Cheers

-Nathan

Edited by Superlap Australia