SAU Community

Paddle Shifters

so a guy in the USA on G35driver.com has finally decided to sell the paddle shift kit he was makign for the G35 and V35.. for a while it looked like he pulled out but has finally offered it if he gets 10 people

it uses paddles from a G37/V36/R35 skyline linked with a custom control box..

unfortunately he is selling the kit which included brackets, paddles, and control box for $750!

i thought i would post it up in case anyone was interested. i was keen, but at that price i'm not so sure anymore..

the thread: http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183031

the paddles:

paddleNew1.jpg

paddleNew2.jpg

the shifters on their own are $150 retail

maybe there might be a cheaper solution?

heaps of others in the USA have adapted the paddles themselves without any kit..

chris, interested in working out your own brackets and control box :D ?

haha nah i know you have a lot on your plate right now..

anyway thought i would post it in case others were interested

cheers,

Warren

would be easier to use a GT8 setup I think. so - shroud,paddles,brackets. dont see anything about a custom box there. figure it would tag off the '+' & '-' triggers on the main shifter.

next GT8 I get I'll pop the wheel off.

To be perfectly honest Waz, I see too much effort and money for little gain.

To me, it's like something you want when you don't have them, but when you have them you aren't into them.

I use them like once in a blue moon. As they don't rotate with the steering wheel, they aren't practical for driving fast which is why you would have it in the manual mode in the first place. Twisty bits at speed forget about it. The shifter is just so much easier and perfect to flick up and down. I say borrow a GT-8 for a few days and then see how you feel.

I must admit though they do look cool though:-

post-2302-1206586800_thumb.jpg

Jash at C-Red can source the direct fit ones for the V35, I know he fitted a set to his EVO VII GTA.

Do you know roughly the price ? are they hard to install ? even if they can source them no one would be able to install them

If it doesn't rotate with the steering wheel then probably it'll be better to just re-wire the up n down gear shifter so pushing forward is downshift and pulling back is upshift. That's probably a more worth it mods. Might have to get some nice + & - stickers to stick on top of the original ones.

• 7 months later...
  • 12 years later...