SAU Community

Test And Tune 30th April

bazr33

thats considerably faster then mine :D PB of 14.03... also happened 2 b my 1st ever run... lol ive got a pretty sock 33 gtst... std turbo, 3" t-back zorst... pod, FMIC, PFC + H/C... ive just finished installing my kill switch and PowerFC into my 33... im not sure how "hard" i can push the PFC without a tune... im gonna go and get 1 soon but atm its ok 2 drive 2 and from work...

redbank plaza should be a pretty good location 2 meet... but like u said... some ppl will be going backwards...

C'mon Miss niz, come for a run in the 34. I'ts heaps of fun, my car is only doing 14's so not that great. Still i loved it.

Haha, yeah i ran my ol' bluey down the strip a few years ago, but i won't be running the 34. She's just built for cruising, not racing... lol.

bah, i am in adelaide for that week.

haven't been to willowbank yet, and would have been good to head down with a few other skylines.

ahh well. another time.

Depending on how the night goes, and we get a decent amount of people out. I would be happy do it again.

Had a couple of hickups with my car, but should still be going down the track. If not i will definately be there watching.

I probably will be taking footage on the night aswell, and would like to know how to upload it onto here, but unaware how to.

Im really keen to head up once i get my rims and rubber sent up from melb. Should be interesting to see how it goes with the gt30r and a decent set of drag radials under it. May not be able to make it for the next few weeks tho. I have a few exams coming up.

everthing seems to be looking well for wednesday night, although it was a bit windy today.

by the look of the weather it probably wont piss down, very unlucky if it does.

looking forward to see who rocks up on the night.

My car looks like it should be right for the night. But have had issues with those silicon performance radiator hoses i put on, just dont seem to seal properly.

Yeah they can withstand the heat but pain in the arse to secure so they dont leak. Also had air leaks coming out a couple of places, but now all sorted.

Just letting people know, that im planning on rocking up to test and tune close to when it opens, to get some runs down, then see some skylines head down the track later that night.

There has been a bit of interest and a couple of people are missin out on the night, due to cars not being ready, awaiting parts to be put on, or wont be here.

So if people would like to show some interest if we want to do another one, let us know and i'll arrange another one soon. ( But as said before we will see how this night goes, and get peoples opinions etc. after it)

Anyway see yas there,

Shake and Bake.

Edited by bazr33

I got the turbo on but i can't get it tuned until this coming saturday... so i wont be there :D but post up when the next one is getting organised and I'll definately be there...

Everyone post up how they went and what times they do!

I'll be there but not racing, haven't had enough time to get the car up on the dyno.

Baz, let us know what time your heading out bro.

Wont be able to make it tonight - but let me know when the next one is as keen to go.

It's tomorrow night Brad. :)

Would have been there but my car got broken into and i need the funds to pay for that.

Not feeling lucky with this car.

Unlucky man, not good news to hear. was there much damage?

WEll hopefully ya get it all sorted out for next one.

And also hope someone catches the prick. too many mofos out there

Will also let you guys all know when the next one is.

Will let ya know paul when im headin out.

bit of a disappointing night, only one or two skylines were there on the night that i saw.

Couple of oil spills, and also back wheel of some guys car came off after doing his burnout.

Fair few commodores were there.

I made my achievement of the night to get into the 12's ( 12.8, 60ft - 1.989 - Mph 115)

Maybe next time we will get a few guys out.

Good effort. Is that on street tyres ?

How many runs did you get on the night ?

bit of a disappointing night, only one or two skylines were there on the night that i saw.

Couple of oil spills, and also back wheel of some guys car came off after doing his burnout.

Fair few commodores were there.

I made my achievement of the night to get into the 12's ( 12.8, 60ft - 1.989 - Mph 115)

Maybe next time we will get a few guys out.

Good effort. Is that on street tyres ?

How many runs did you get on the night ?

Nah was on MT Streets, but i had about 22psi in the tyres. ( skidded first )

Only managed to get two runs down as there were a fair few cars there.

Next time i will put the pressure of the tyres to 15psi, and see how i go then.

Hopeful then for a low 12, if i can get the 60ft down a little more to 1.8.

I didnt see anyone there @ gates opening...

I went out on the bike, didnt get to run tho cause my riding shoes were not acceptable they said...

So i got a refund and left, biggest waste of time eva...