SAU Community

12 Months And It's Nowhere!

Muz

Muz,

Not too sure how much of help this will be for you but they have just relaxed emissions testing in NSW and the ACT (not sure about the other states) with regards to 79/00 and 79/01. Basically it implies that if you can prove that the engine combination has passed the emissions testing (V35 Skyline??) and that the combination in your vehicle is unmodified then you are good to go as there is no longer a need to conduct the emissions test itself (from what I can gather is the problem). The only other way around this that I thought of would be to get it registered as an ICV.

Cheers

Paul

Muz I still feel for you....I hope this gets sorted sooner rather than later.

Guy's I was looking at some EVO9 wagons the other day on J-Spec....I'm not sure but I didn't think these could get get compliance yet! I could be wrong or if I am right I could get bent over like you guy's. If I am right I think this could be a case of buyer beware as it has "registered and complied" but then in fine type down the bottom of the advert it has "There is a chance that this model could be approved under the SEVS compliance laws " WTF does that mean!.....have a $40,000 bet with SEVS!!!. They should not be able to advertise it as "registered and complied" yet.....should say something about the SEVS ruling.

http://www.j-spec.com.au/list/index.php?ID=13235

Anyway's thought I might just point out a dodgy advertisement for those who are interested.

I guess you would be betting big with SEVS on EVO 9 Wagon. but it does say "Please let us know if you are interested in seeing an application submitted?"

I guess they will put in an app to import the car in and clear it under SEVS... maybe one of the importers that get on here can shed more light

I would wait and see on this one

Muz,

Not too sure how much of help this will be for you but they have just relaxed emissions testing in NSW and the ACT (not sure about the other states) with regards to 79/00 and 79/01. Basically it implies that if you can prove that the engine combination has passed the emissions testing (V35 Skyline??) and that the combination in your vehicle is unmodified then you are good to go as there is no longer a need to conduct the emissions test itself (from what I can gather is the problem). The only other way around this that I thought of would be to get it registered as an ICV.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks Paul,

Not too sure what exactly it all may mean. My car is MY2004 but MY2003 and earlier years of the M35 that have the VQ25DET engine have passed the testing. It was only when they changed from 79.00 to 79.01 that the problems all started. From 11/2003 onwards the M35 with VQ25DET installed ceased to be compliable as it is proving almost impossible to meet the 79.01 standards. So is what you are saying that any M35 irregardless of year of manufacture can be complied if any vehicle bearing the previously tested engine as OEM has passed compliance? A couple of questions arise. Aren't emission laws a national thing? Do you know of any 2004 M35 being registered (and therefore complied) in NSW/ACT?

Cheers

Murray

Muz,

The info that I provided is not applicable to Imports as such but more specifically Individually Constructed vehciles. You should be aware though that the ADR for 079/01 does not start until 01/01/2005 so I don't see why there should be a problem with your vehicle???

Have a look at this website that has the details http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/env...t/emission.aspx

Cheers

Paul

P.S. ADR's are national as you said but I cannot confirm the relaxation in emission standards across all states.

Hey Mate,

Were you not offered the full amount of this car 3-4 months into this whole thing by the people from compliance??? And you turned it down in the hope of getting this car?? Yes/No??

Sort answer is yes. Longer answer is no. All covered in another thread on this forum. When money was offered we were given a very short time frame for when car would pass compliance. Saw no sense in taking money if car was going to be ready within short period of time. After waiting approximately eight months we then agreed to offer but was advised that money was no longer being offered. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions about this. I have no beef with compliance shop as I have said on a great many occassions. If the import broker were to make the offer (which he hasn't) I probably wouldn't be writing this post and I wouldn't be answering all the PM's asking who was the broker. I'm happy to tell anyone who has caused this issue as I do not want anyone else to be going through what I and my wife are going through. We certainly can't afford to just throw away $35000. Maybe you can.

cheers

Murray

Muz,

The info that I provided is not applicable to Imports as such but more specifically Individually Constructed vehciles. You should be aware though that the ADR for 079/01 does not start until 01/01/2005 so I don't see why there should be a problem with your vehicle???

Have a look at this website that has the details http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/env...t/emission.aspx

Cheers

Paul

P.S. ADR's are national as you said but I cannot confirm the relaxation in emission standards across all states.

Thanks Paul

JUst even more confused now. Perhaps someone from a compliance shop can help out here as I am sure the compliance shop would not be wasting their time and money chasng something they don't have to chase?.

What about it Nigel?

cheers

Muz

Thanks Paul

JUst even more confused now. Perhaps someone from a compliance shop can help out here as I am sure the compliance shop would not be wasting their time and money chasng something they don't have to chase?.

What about it Nigel?

cheers

Muz

I would but it will just be deleted again so email is the only way to give an answer.

Sort answer is yes. Longer answer is no. All covered in another thread on this forum. When money was offered we were given a very short time frame for when car would pass compliance. Saw no sense in taking money if car was going to be ready within short period of time. After waiting approximately eight months we then agreed to offer but was advised that money was no longer being offered. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions about this. I have no beef with compliance shop as I have said on a great many occassions. If the import broker were to make the offer (which he hasn't) I probably wouldn't be writing this post and I wouldn't be answering all the PM's asking who was the broker. I'm happy to tell anyone who has caused this issue as I do not want anyone else to be going through what I and my wife are going through. We certainly can't afford to just throw away $35000. Maybe you can.

cheers

Murray

I hope you find a solution.....one way or another....

Edited by Paramour

Short answer is yes. Longer answer is no. All covered in another thread on this forum. When money was offered we were given a very short time frame for when car would pass compliance. Saw no sense in taking money if car was going to be ready within short period of time. After waiting approximately eight months we then agreed to offer but was advised that money was no longer being offered. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions about this. I have no beef with compliance shop as I have said on a great many occassions. If the import broker were to make the offer (which he hasn't) I probably wouldn't be writing this post and I wouldn't be answering all the PM's asking who was the broker. I'm happy to tell anyone who has caused this issue as I do not want anyone else to be going through what I and my wife are going through. We certainly can't afford to just throw away $35000. Maybe you can.

cheers

Murray

FYI...there is a compliance shop in Sydney working with an aftermarket ECU company to try and beat or massage the emmisions for 03 onwards M35's.... FYI only

old news :) heard that about 6 months back..

That would be Haltech! and it is being tried on our M35 which while it looked promising in the early stages is yet to get the car past emissions testing. Last we heard was that car didn't pass testing but the compliance shop was being encouraged to try another exhaust sytem???. That was approximately 3-4 weeks ago and we haven't heard anything since.