SAU Community

Who Has Been Done?

LRyder

may i ask why your gambling your licence to drive a TURBO... ON YOUR P's... Do what everyone else does on their P's and get a non turbo version.... >.> is it really that hard.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am aware of this. It is only a mater of time...

But I am just wondering who else hasnt been caught!

Skylines are but one turbo car on the road that P Platers drive illegally... that are dozens of other models out there so your only going to get a select view here

I honestly wouldn't imagine there would be heaps on this forum that have been done.

A couple I think have been pinned (tez just posted and he was one.)

I was once tried to power to weight when pulled over too, going back 3 or so years.

So depends on the officer in many cases.

may i ask why your gambling your licence to drive a TURBO... ON YOUR P's... Do what everyone else does on their P's and get a non turbo version.... >.> is it really that hard.

Because if you read in my opening, it isnt my daily, and it was bought as a track car. I dont take the risk all the time, mayb once or twice a week, and eventualy it will be to just drive to and from the track.

I got my P's in 2006, So that means you can drive a Four cylnder turbo (like a 200sx or a r32gts-t) But no six cylnder turbos. I ve been caught by police befor in my old R33 GTS-T Lucky it was before you lose 3points, Now i have a GTR Iam to scared to drive it around :( .

I had my r33 sitting in the garage for abour 5 months prior to being fully licensed. I'd drive it maybe once a week.

Got busted driving it 1 month before i was fully licensed, done for High Powered Vehicle and driving manual with auto license

The cop who pulled me over (i wasnt "hooning" was just cruising through a roundabout and he did a u-turn to pull me over) was all nice about it and said there was no demerit points involved. It even says no points on my infrigement notices. He said that legislation prior to jan 1/2008 would involve a 3 demerit point penalty if you were on your P's before jun07. People caught after jan 1 2008 however, would only have to pay a fine (no points) if they were on their P's prior to jun07 like i was.

I paid the fines and then i get a courtesy letter from vic roads informing me that 3 points were taken off for driving a high powered vehicle. Im still trying to contest that; they havent replied to a letter i sent, as suggested by my local vic roads office.

How can a police officer tell me theres no points involved, write on the infringement notice that there is no demerit points and then vic roads goes and stings me?

I remember with the old Vicroads' power:weight rule, you COULD drive, say a Zonda on your P's legally if you could PROVE that it was the only car you and your family owned, and therefore, you didn't have any choice to get around. You would apply for this exemption to Vicroads and I think they gave you a special sticker on your windscreen.

I am not sure whether you can still do this with the new laws, but it would be worth asking Vicroads/VP.

I remember with the old Vicroads' power:weight rule, you COULD drive, say a Zonda on your P's legally if you could PROVE that it was the only car you and your family owned, and therefore, you didn't have any choice to get around. You would apply for this exemption to Vicroads and I think they gave you a special sticker on your windscreen.

I am not sure whether you can still do this with the new laws, but it would be worth asking Vicroads/VP.

This law was still special circumstances though, it won't work in general cases....

As far as people getting done, they're probably smart enough to not attract any attention/not drive often, or drive it LEGALLY (ie. full license).

Yes, the exemption is under special circumstances, but I would argue that P-Platers who have just bought a $30,000 1.5 ton paperweight are in pretty unique circumstances.

yes, they are idiots.

i wanted a 32GTR or 33GTST, but bought the stagea and built the 1600 as they were legal. I am now keeping only my stagea til off of my p's. I hate the situation, but the laws the law.

See so many dickhead full licence drivers that i feel safer from the laws.

Sucks you cant even drive most 70's V8's tho.

Ryan

yes it is very hard

Regards: P-plater with turbo :) (although im under the p:w law where the r32 is in a grey area)

Skylines are but one turbo car on the road that P Platers drive illegally... that are dozens of other models out there so your only going to get a select view here

I honestly wouldn't imagine there would be heaps on this forum that have been done.

A couple I think have been pinned (tez just posted and he was one.)

I was once tried to power to weight when pulled over too, going back 3 or so years.

So depends on the officer in many cases.

When i got pulled over by knox tmu, he asked me for the factory kw output and the weight of the car. He then used those numbers to determine if it was over the p:w limit.

So no doubt he would be checking licenses to see if you are a new p-plater on the no turbo ban.

I got my P's in 2006, So that means you can drive a Four cylnder turbo (like a 200sx or a r32gts-t) But no six cylnder turbos. I ve been caught by police befor in my old R33 GTS-T Lucky it was before you lose 3points, Now i have a GTR Iam to scared to drive it around :) .

so thats why my r32 is slow, its cause it has 4cylinders :cool:

QUOTE(Rav @ 9 Apr 2008, 06:28 PM) post_snapback.gifI got my P's in 2006, So that means you can drive a Four cylnder turbo (like a 200sx or a r32gts-t) But no six cylnder turbos. I ve been caught by police befor in my old R33 GTS-T Lucky it was before you lose 3points, Now i have a GTR Iam to scared to drive it around :) .

so thats why my r32 is slow, its cause it has 4cylinders :)

Not necessary there's alot of tuff RB20s out there. At least You have alittle less trouble with police I say alittle Because they try and get you some other way epa defect.

You can even get a fined for modifiyed vechile.

Not necessary there's alot of tuff RB20s out there. At least You have alittle less trouble with police I say alittle Because they try and get you some other way epa defect.

You can even get a fined for modifiyed vechile.

hehe i was trying to imply that r32 gtsts are also inline 6cyl turbo and not 4cylinders :)

Because if you read in my opening, it isnt my daily, and it was bought as a track car. I dont take the risk all the time, mayb once or twice a week, and eventualy it will be to just drive to and from the track.

so once a week makes it ok. dumb as dog shit. its tools like you that give skyline/import car owners a bad name. do everyone a favour and keep you highschool mentality in your head.

I got my P's in 2006, So that means you can drive a Four cylnder turbo (like a 200sx or a r32gts-t)

since when is a R32 GTS-t a four cylinder??? LOL

I got my P's in 2006, So that means you can drive a Four cylnder turbo (like a 200sx or a r32gts-t) But no six cylnder turbos. I ve been caught by police befor in my old R33 GTS-T Lucky it was before you lose 3points, Now i have a GTR Iam to scared to drive it around :) .

i got my license in 2006 aswel.. what makes the r33 illegal? it's under power to weight stock.

so once a week makes it ok. dumb as dog shit. its tools like you that give skyline/import car owners a bad name. do everyone a favour and keep you highschool mentality in your head.

Mate skyline/import owners already had a bad name before I bought one.

What if I drove a turbo volvo and never got picked up once, but it still makes it ilegal. Does that then give a bad name for all volvo drivers?

The fact is skylines have been a target car befor I got mine.

But I dont have the luxuray of towing it to the track, I got to do what I got to do, dosnt make me a bad person.

R32 is not a 4 cylinder turbo. :)