SAU Community

Hey ppl,

just a quick thread to see which choice i should go 4. I own a 96 s2 r33 and i want to upgrade

the ecu but i dont wanna use a pfc, i was thinking either a greddy e-manage or a link ecu!

Any suggestions and wot are the pro's and con's!!

cheers.

i used to be like u, not wanting a pfc. in the end they are soooo easy to install. and tuners are readily available

This is the main selling point.

Considering your in Townsville, I would assume you are limited to tuning workshops.

Vist the workshops, talk to the tuners and see what they use/recommend.

My R33 has a remapped standard ECU.

Heres a question, I have a r32 gts4, running an rb25det on the stock rb20 ecu (but chipped). If I take the pfc route, would I have to look for an rb20 pfc or another one?

hey guys, i put my car in for an ecu and i looked at my available options and im getting a link

g3 put in so i get it back tommorrow so ill tell you how it goes they are abit pricey but hopefully

its worth it. this is it if you guys are interested :

http://www.linkecu.com/products/engine-man...lder/linkplusg3

they are giving me before and after dyno readings so ill post them up when i get them..

I'd be suggesting to have a look at a Nistune for pure ease of installation (once chipped you can still drive the car on a pre-loaded base map) and price wise... I have one on my RB20 and stoked with it so far, its not finished with a proper tuned yet as my tuner is playing around and learning the software so far, but extremely happy.

The R33 ECU is not able to take the Nistune daughterboard, but works with an R32 RB20 ECU and a base R33 map loaded, if that makes sense... The website says it in more detail.

if you sydney you can go to toshi, who remaps stock R33 ECU!! no modfications needed or anything else..

Did mine a few weeks ago. 196kw at 10psi.

A lot of mid-range to top end power.

And all for 400 bucks :)

Check out my threads if you wish..