SAU Community

Do I Have A Cat?

Hi Guys,

I was fitting my exhaust yesterday and took the heat sheild off from the cat convertor and realised that it was just a metal pipe which joins with the front pipe.

This worried me becuase i thought that maybe someone had removed the cat?? - $10000 fine right there!!

But then someone told me that it could be a Metal Cat converter which is still legal?

Anyway hopefully someone can shed some light here are the pics below:

*I only bought this car 2 months ago and it passed roadworth with this so i assume it must be legal??

post-49206-1208657579_thumb.jpg

Thanks in advance guys

Harry

blind freddy could still see that.

the heatshield is put on there to make it look like a cat if a cop gets underthere to have a look.

dont worry about the 10K fine... it has never happened. You wiuldnt pass any roadworthy's or EPA test as it is tho. My advice is to get a metal cat (which are legal btw) and put that it, you wont lose any power with a decent large diameter cat, with a stock cat you'll lose some power tho

haha actaully people have mentioned that blue flames come out of my exhuast at night now that i come to think about it.

I didnt think anything of it but now i guess i know why..

Regardless, i will be getting this changed next week dont want to have any problems with the epa.

i just upgraded to a one piece split dump and found out that i have a standard cat, trying to decide on a jjr 3" high flow or a decat pipe.

not cat = flames, theres another reseason for a decat pipe, 10k fine cancels that reason though.