SAU Community

Damn Tailgater's

rotaries never get tailgated for long

the gas and fumes from the exhaust is enuf to keep them away

i notice on cold mornings when my exhaust emissions must be looking quite unhealthy.. cars keep a fair distance back

and the fact we blow flames easier than most :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh tailgaters suck arse. Even in a gtst ppl want to drop a gear and rev next to me. It's often the shiteboxes that sit on my arse. I end up slowing down, and they move on.

It's like they want to be a piece of your great life with your great car, because their driving experience amounts to nothing more than 80kw and handling with all the finesse of rust.

Just smile and say "see ya later, motherf**ker" :D

lol, i remember about a year or so ago, in my old car, i was on an 80kph road doin 80 in the left lane. i had some cheif in a b double riding my arse, pretty much all i could see in the mirror was his grille!

i wasnt gonna speed up for him, he had plenty of room in the other lane to go round. i think he just wanted to try and scare me.

anyway, i knew there was a nice steep hill around the bend so i kindly backed off, eventually we had slowed to about 40 or so by the time we hit the base of the hill. basicly i then just put it back into 2nd and booted off! never saw him again, for all iknow he could still be trying to get up that hill! :thumbsup:

(for anyone who knows the area it was on ferntree gully road in wheelers hill.)

Tailgaters shit me to bits. :thumbsup:

The biggest culprits are the tools in their S13, S14, and S15 shitboxes. They see my Stag and instantly feel the need to prove themselves. But they're the biggest cowards out when their cars have stopped. Tough men when they're moving tho.

Some weeks back my GF was driving my S2 stag and I was driving the S1 stag. Some f**ktart in a red 180 was riding right up my GF rear. He prob saw the Nismo badge on the black lowered Stag and thought it was on. When she didn't budge, he overtook her on the wrong side of the road at over 80kph in a 60 zone, and then came to sit up my arse (I was in front of GF). I stopped at the next set of traffic lights and got out to have a go at this prick. He drove around me, ran the red light, and raced off again! Wanker :( I have his plate number and I keep the club lock on the passenger seat.

On the other side of the coin, I hate the idiots who do 40kph in a 70 zone in the right hand lane (and no chance of me going around in the left hand lane). Yet they don't move into the slow lane! Then they curse and give me the finger as I eventually pass them at the legal 70kph! Idiots.

When I first picked up the R33 driving around I noticed the increase in amount of idiots in their poverty pack commodores tailgating, speeding up to/past me and there were those that tries to rip it up as soon as they see me coming... its annoying but you get used to it and find ways to annoy them back for shits and giggles - eg. slowing down while they're tailgating haha

I haven't notice too much tail gating in my 4 years of Skyline ownership. Just the idiots looking for a race occassionally.

However, I had some bloke in a new Commodore tailgating me on King's Way in Melbourne a few days ago, I mean really tailgating, lucky he wasn't nudging me. Anyway I thought he was trying to have a go at me, so I did what I normally do and slow down, box him in, etc, whatever I can to give him a little bit of frustration for driving like a wanker... anyway once I let him past me(once I had finished playing for the day) I noticed that he wasn't tailgating because I was a Skyline, he was just a f#cken idiot and was tail gating everyone.

Some people are just f#ck wit heroes on the road.

Another solution I was recommended was to carry small bags of 5c pieces (or any other shrapnel you can find, like old nails or something).

If someone tailgates you, speed up. If they decide to speed up too, grab a handful of these coins, pull to the left, and toss the coins out the back. You'd be unsurprised at what driving into small bits of metal at 70km/hr does to the front of a car, and it costs you very little.

It was even better when 1c pieces were in circulation. You could toss a lot of metal out for the cost of a soft serve.

thats a bit f**ked dood

thats a bit f**ked dood

So's tailgating. They can consider it an expensive lesson, that costs you a buck to teach.

I can't say I've ever done this (I can never be bothered to carry that many 5c pieces, I would have splurged on Maccas soft serves well before then).

My standard operating procedure for tailgaters is a left foot "brake check" followed by slowing down. I've once brought the car down to 20km/hr in a 60 zone because this guy just wouldn't get off my arse, and bringing on the brake lights didn't dissuade him. If we're going to have a shunt, I'd rather it be at jogging pace.

Edited by scathing

yep slowing down to 20ish seems to work well. also if theyre too close to risk tapping the breaks and its day-time just flick the parkers on and off real quick. same effect :D i do like the coins idea. even just a tennis ball or an egg or somethign would do the trick.

i love these idiots that dont understand what "left lane ends' 'merge right' means.

they soon realise when i hold my position then they try to sneek up the inside while approaching

this left hander(Greystenes Rd) and i cut straight across to the inside.

can't wait for some tosser to run into me. Ouch my Neck,my neck and my back!

Work Utes FTW!!!

I been wanting to get a huge F OFF bullbar on the ute so i can put a sticker on the back window

that will state "My Bullbar Disagrees"

haha.. the anger in this thread is palpable!

when I had my old pulsar it would pop and bang on decelleration ( sr20det conversion) that seemed to make a few people back off.. but my point is WHY should you have to do thhat to keep em off your ass!?

and in regards to the guy saying how his tailgater left him alone and went to harass the next motorist in line- just sit back and enjoy the thought that its not going to be long before they either get beaten or end up in an accident.

if theyre too close to risk tapping the breaks and its day-time

Left foot on the brake. Right foot stays on the throttle. You won't decelerate if you keep the power on, but your high mount stop light will still be visible and get them to back the hell off.

Yeah when these gimps want to race by getting into my rear personal space I just cruise on the speed limit and smile. Its more satisfying thinking well they will never know if they are quicker as opposed to them finding out and me blowing my license.

Do what my mate does, he accelerates away, gets a bit of distance between, drops the car down two gears and quickly releases the clutch. Car suddenly drops 30-40kph and brake lights don't come on. Scares the living shit out of them. His rear bar was f**ked though, so I think he secretly hoped they'd hit him.

i usualy left foot brake them if that dont work then i slow down best ive done is 15 in a 50 zone. i was in a mates rodeo 1 day and this idiot was tailgating him and he left foot braked them didnt loose any speed the car behind paniced and instead of hitting the brakes hit the accellerator and put my mates towbar strait through his radiator. the look on his face was priceless.

I find the handbrake works well, the brake lights dont come on, and if u lock it for a second, it scares the shit out of them ;)

It does work well but I'm to afraid that the tool behind who is tailgating will run into me, I'd just ease on the brakes so they know that 1) you are slowing down and 2) they are pissing you off and should back off.