SAU Community

shipping from japan

dAVE

ages ago i got a front bar from japan, they shipped it on a boat, but in the end it was a royal pain in the ass, as I had to pay for shipping, pay some Aus company for use of container, clear it through customs myself and then pick it up from the docks.

now, there is an exhaust I want but weight is 40kg.. so over EMS weight and expensive with EMS too... the guy said it can be shipped AIR or SEA.. now does anyone know how much it will cost me, and will I need to clear it through customs and all that crap, or will it be just like EMS, right to my door.

thanks for help!

dave

I bought my trust mx exhaust from takakaira, cost heaps of $ but no hassles through shipping via EMS right to my door. Try nengun or greenline, they'll probably ship your item includes all the required documents for customs procedure.

• 1 year later...

Gee, this thread was more than 1 yr old!

Shipping via EMS is a killer particularly with heavy items, but with the advantage of tracking number so you'll know where your parcel if it got delayed.

Try SAL (Surface Air Lift) if it's not too big, it'll be much cheaper but there will be no tracking number and if it's missing, you're on your own.

wheels cost a fortune... i was looking at that... something like 225 ea EMS, or 150 ea SEA... damn expensive.

Dont you get parts send from japan to aus all the time with the parts you sell on here???

Is sea freight from japan to aus roughly 1 month delivery time?

Do you pay customs / import tax on big things like rims?

Dont you get parts send from japan to aus all the time with the parts you sell on here???

Is sea freight from japan to aus roughly 1 month delivery time?

Do you pay customs / import tax on big things like rims?

look at the age of the first post u tool

SAL is the way to go. All packages get sent to your door. However if customs decide to stop it for quarantine or it exceeds the threshhold value then you have to go out to Tulla and submit the formal customs lodgement etc. Big pain in the ass. If they don't then you're sweet. Basically the postal service of australia handle EMS, SAL or sea freight. so you have to do all the customs clearances yourself.

If you wanna avoid it go with DHL, UPS or FedEx (I reccomend UPS), they do all the customs clearance and stuff and then bill you for it later.

• 2 weeks later...