SAU Community

Check out the R32 GTR 1989 on the Prestige mailing list

Oh my god how nice do these 89' R32 GTR's look for the money! Can't give a direct link but if you goto http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au and click on CURRENT STOCK its the white GTR up the top for $16,600. Is it just me or should buyers be sceptical of these cheap 89' cars?

I'm guessing they wouldn't be in exactly the best condition :D I'm considering importing a 89 model R32 GTS-T as my first turbo RWD car but this fear of it being in shite condition and having the piss already thrashed out of it is holding me back.

It's hard to say without actually driving it, but yes, it is a steal at that price. It's prolly had an acci"dent" or two in it's lifetime, and it might drive good around town, but get it on a dragstrip or track, and the OMG price might become more indicative of it's true condition.

on the OCAU forums there was a discussion about the '89 GTR's and whether or not they're a bargain. One of the best points made is that a lot of the importers are snapping up GTR's left, right and centre to meet demand rather than fishing out for the cream of the crop which they usually do. To me this makes sense as a lot of the cars I've seen are in real shite condition.

because there too low for anyone with common sense to be interested... man out of 5 an R34 GTT that is in great conidtion a 1999 model will fetch a grade 4.0.. thats a 4 year old car, now imagine the grade for a 14 ! year old car probably around 2-3 even though its a GT-R :'(

The quality is indeed questionable, but also keep in mind that Australia is a fairly large export market for auctions in Japan. When something happens here regarding importing, it affects the price of some cars. Ie the prices of surf's went up when the govt. banned them from import.

So either the Japanese are trying to get rid of their crap GTR's, or they realise that there are going to be a lot of buyers for them, hence more being on the market and the price going lower for now.

Though theres a GTR for $15.5k on the prestige motorsport site and THAT would be a dodgy deal. However a lot of the ~$18k ones with only a few mods seem ok.

Pretty much once its got a single ding on it anywhere it gets knocked back to a 3.5. A 3.5 grade car is still damn good.

Mine was a Grade 0 due to its accident history. But it was still immaculate despite only a couple of small areas where the paint was discoloured or slightly flat.

Dont touch anything below a 3.5 really, but then again theres some real bargains to be had with zero's because some buyers stay right away from them.

Red17

Originally posted by S15200sxbroda

...... also, when u include all the costs involved (ie. rego, compliance,ectc...) what is the FINAL TOTAL price u pay?

If you have a look at Prestiges website, there is a cost calculator that will sort it all out for you

Will