SAU Community

Meggala - Please help !!!!

Meggala please help.

I have a R33 series 1

This is the story: Had my car in the spray shop for the last seven weeks. The car was fully stripped, and taken back to bare metal. The car was not driven and the engine was covered buy plastic -but mostly exposed.

So heres my problem - before the car went in run beautifully. Now got the car back and it wont idle. It idles in the correct position but the revs slowly move down unit it stalls.

It have - cleaned the throttle body

- removed Apexi super air intake an cleaned

- removed AFM and cleaned with electrical contract spray

- cleaned all electrical pugs in the engine bay with electical

contract spray

- reset ecu a number of times

And its still f**ked.

Meggala do you think the AFM is faulty????

I installed S-AFC on Sat (have not had it tuned yet) and in the monitor mode it reads AIR FLOW OK...........so AFM might be OK????

Any suggestions?

Have not done a diag yet, do I have to bite the bullet and pull the f**ken ECU out and run diag.

If it is AFM do I just get the same standard one or can I get a better one???

Thanks in advance

Dan

Dan

if the SAFC isn't installed right it can cause the car to do the above. I had xspeed install mine today.

maybe u could check ur connections. resetting the ecu can also reset the SAFC sometimes, then the car is likely not to start either.

I'm no expert or mechanic but i have heard of issues with the tps (throttle position switch this sound like what it could be. I'd take it to a pro if you can (I don't even know where the tps switch is) I doubt its the afm but try and borrow one to check . if it is the afm gewt a z32 one as they can handel more power and are only 100 buck extra.

cheers

meggala

here is a link with a few sites

try greames site it has good info and the q & a from the old sdu board

http://forums.skylinesdownunder.co.nz/show...&threadid=11541