SAU Community

Took My Stagea To Drags Today

unique1

well done brad. I was out cruzing with the other w/e. very quick car on the street and the ulitimate sleeper. I personally reckon leave the outside standard and keep people guessing. king of sleepers

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely AWESOME work, Brad! I was just thinking about you the other day, 'cos I haven't seen you post for a while.

Good to see you're still keeping up with maintaining and improving the car, and giving it a good run once in a while.

thanks for all the kind words everyone :blush:

thanks Paul (DirtGarage) i have already been told i need a tailshaft loop, 4 point harness, battery isolator switch and ANDRA license before i can race again.

I dont know how far i wanna go yet, i have plenty more left in the engine and alot of people laughed when i said im aiming for 10s in it, its my main goal for the car then im 90% set on putting the motor into a 32 gtr to do more track work and drags, i dont think the stagea will cop a full rollcage so ill only get one go at a 10 before im banned :ermm:

i wasnt really a huge fan of draging the car and thought it would be rather boring once i do a time but i really enjoyed it :whistling:

thanks for the pics too dodgsun

Edited by unique1

well go out in style brad

get all the necessary stuff to run again, but this time get some drag radials (on some 16's if they'll clear the brakes) and just go out on a WAW night and just practice launching

back of half track, run 11+, then when you feel confident let er rip and give us a slip that says 10.6 or something crazy like that

Well done Brad.... isn't there any way that you can return it to AWD. That'd get rid of most of the wheelspin factor. Don't you think that the Transfer box would take it? Or do you think that it would sap that much power that it isn't worth it?

Pity, I was nearly gonna go down there on Sunday.......... just didn't happen, but if I'd known that you were running, I would have been there.

omg ultimate sleeper. if u don't mind me posting pix from the last day cruise

P3090017.jpg

pretty sure that your engine bay right?

Edited by ztuned

Or do you think that it would sap that much power that it isn't worth it?

Running it in 4WD wouldn't take any extra power, only dyno power is affected, not in the real world. Let's face it, the front wheels have to be rotated, whether that is done directly by 4WD or indirectly by the road. So 4WD doesn't really affect how much horsepower it takes to make the car accelerate down the track.

The most power difference I have seen in a Skyline between 2WD and 4WD on the same dyno is ~25 hp, of which a goodly proportion would be turning the front wheels and the front dyno rollers. What's left is hardly significant, especially in Brad's case.

Something to think about.

Cheers

Gary

the car was in 4wd all day at drags and traction was still a major issue in 1st and 2nd gear i am thinking of fitting up some r comp tyres or nittos, etc for next drag runs to help it along quicker.

Yes i seen that Magna wagon, how did it get home in the end?

Ztuned yes thats the engine bay :)

omg ultimate sleeper. if u don't mind me posting pix from the last day cruise

P3090017.jpg

pretty sure that your engine bay right?

ohhh shiny

shiny enough to see the people standing around looking at it :)

good move with getting new tyres ;)

they even called it a magna too :)

made up for it when it spanked a modded stagea though. :(

I had the same comment from the owner of a higly modified supercharged, Nos'd, tubbed LS2 owner. He was real proud, as are you I guess.

i didnt have any videos of the runs but here is some motion pics of the 11.33 run, i started slow compared to the other car but killed him at the top end and caught up, i ran 16mph quicker but he did a 10.7. I'm assuming his was auto and on slicks.

DSC_0573resize.jpg

DSC_0574resize.jpg

DSC_0575resize.jpg

DSC_0576resize.jpg

DSC_0577resize.jpg

DSC_0578resize.jpg

DSC_0580resize.jpg

DSC_0570resize.jpg

I had the same comment from the owner of a higly modified supercharged, Nos'd, tubbed LS2 owner. He was real proud, as are you I guess.

i would have thought a legnum with an exhaust, and a stagea with a few other mods would be a fair comparison... o_O

i would have thought a legnum with an exhaust, and a stagea with a few other mods would be a fair comparison... o_O

Unfortunately when you put 15psi in a s2 you have hit the boost cut. And she slows bad . But i drove home and the leggy got home very difficultly . But 14.5 consistently all day in AWD class and to take out the championship me be very happy with my slow stag .

hell yeah man thats awesome!! good to see the box stood up to it this time.

If all goes to plan then i mite be able get there someday and run some good times with ya.