SAU Community

HKS vs TEIN coilovers

Guest gtst88

Originally posted by 2GU UP

does any one know how much u can adjust the height with the teins via the in car controller

the height adjustable one (air suspension) was on tein display at tokyo auto salon start of this year, should be release end of this year.

:uh-huh:

I'd go for the TEINS as the HKS ones probably aren't that much different. Both are japanese coilovers and are gonna be rock hard! Why not go for another brand? Like a European brand like Bilstein or Ohlins? Japanese roads are a lot smoother than the ones we have here in OZ. But, you're paying for the name I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm waiting for my HKS Hipermax D (drift) to arrive. The come with pillowmounts, and the spring rate iis pretty insane:

10kg front and 8kg rear, and this is for an s15.

Will keep you guys posted on the difference from stock :P

Depends on your needs. If you dont drive at 10/10ths with some ability then anything that gets your car to sit nice and stop the missus puppies getting motion sickness.

If you want something that works... bilstein, ohlins, DMS. Cos all have guys involved in racing that can valve em to suit your driving preference.

I notice someone here running federal tyres for instance... Now they are good for high 1:09's on my car... Dunlop D01J on the same track no suspension changes low 8's... So there is two seconds in the tyres alone.

If you race, use race suspension... if you street, use street suspension and learn how to drive on it... You'll beat all the guys on stiff stuff every day.

Regards

Originally posted by zaero

I'm waiting for my HKS Hipermax D (drift) to arrive. The come with pillowmounts, and the spring rate iis pretty insane:

10kg front and 8kg rear, and this is for an s15.  

Will keep you guys posted on the difference from stock :P

That spring rate is nuts! I was playing gt3 the other day at a friends place, we had 8kg springs on our drift s13, and even on gt3 we were laughing at how extreme the springs were lol.

Anyhow, i love hard suspension, so im not baggin your choice, just should be interesting ;)

I would probably go for a full whiteline kit instead of jap coilovers if i had the $$. Whiteline have coilovers too.....would look into these as they are probably more suited to local ROAD conditions than jap coilovers.