SAU Community

HKS vs TEIN coilovers

Guest gtst88

Guest gtst88

Which one to get ? for a 33 GTR

the HKS hipermaxones are really pricey ($5k+?)

where as the TEIN HA are only ($3k+)

What are the difference between these two ? Pros ? Cons ?

thanks a lot ..

Cheers .. :burnout:

i guess the hipermaxones has aluminum body, which is a lot lighter.

design makes a lot different, if the HKS one has a reervior tank which allow more oil in the suspension, it really worth the different.

has tein HA on my car, very good handling but VERY hard, don't want to drive it after having a nice & full dinner, and GF complain that it will makes her breast fall down 10 years eariler! :P

i guess HKS will have more balance between handling & ride quaility

G'day Maxx,

Hoping you could advise. I too have a set of Teins, but they are the non-adjustable NR series. Be that as it may, they're still bloody stiff, as in I can feel every ripple on the road. But not only that, it makes quite a disconcerting thud on every bounce. Do you get that as well? Just a little worried on what I've just done to the car. :(

Thanks!

Guest gtst88

the tein Flex are really cool considering that you can adjust the hardness of the shocks in car .. which is sweet !

thanks for your reply guys ..

my friend has TEIN HA in his DC5 .. they are a lil hard, but when the car corners its so nice ..

any other brands i should look at besides hks, tein and ohlins ?

thanks again guys !

cheers ! drift safe now ..

from what i know there are different types u can get .. things that can be adjusted depending on which one u get are .. camber .. height .. damper ... anything else??

also keep in mind that most of these shocks on the coil overs are actually european made and most are from the same manufacturer ie bilstein koni etc .. u are really just payin for the specs ... similar to way turbos are ..

i will go for european made if i am not puchasing the top of the range of jap's. u get for what u pay in european shockers, jap's are fancy stuff unless u can afford the light weight and advance design one.

I have Tein HAs and absolutely love them. On the softest setting I actually found it too soft for my liking. But that I guess is personal preference. It's nice having the ability to adjust them exactly to my liking. The difference in the cars handling is incredible compared to the standard suspension (mind you, I have a gtst, not a gtr) On the hardest setting, you will get a head ache, a sore neck, and a sore back within 10 minutes of driving. Save that setting for the track.

If you prefer the ride feel of a commodore, then steer clear of the Teins though as the softest setting seems to be too hard for a lot of people.

Guest Robo's

Ive got the Tein NR as well, and being non adjustable for dampness they are very very hard. combined with 45 and 40 profile tyres, it feels everything.

Still it does handle like a go cart.

r Hey i got HKS suspension - i sound like a chimp, but, how do i adjust the damping of them? I got the tools too :D

my rear shockers stick out into the rear parcel. is that the same with all u HKS doods?

If i set the damping softer, when i go over bumps, will my wheels (less than than a finger width from the guards) now hit my guards?