SAU Community

New Plug-in Ecu Coming

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well not sure what was really up with mine apart from the top board, it thought it was a link before when I tried to hook my laptop to it. Now after having the top board replaced it is registering as a vipec, and I can connect to it fine with my laptop. Didn't have to reinstall any software.

The interesting thing is ever since I had the firmware updated and a retune last year it's been missing slightly and feeling a bit rough at times, and the idle was quite low at times. I was actually starting to get really frustrated with the ecu. Now with the top board replaced on the drive home it was like the ecu of old, smooth and not one miss. Will see if it keeps up.

Can't recommend the tuner enough, has been a great help just happy this is finally resolved by the looks of it. So if anyone has a similar issue it might be your top board.

Yeah, had the same thing, kept dropping injectors. Also fried a mosfet that created all sorts of earth loops. Complete ecu replacement from Ray Hall and it seems alot better.

Well not sure what was really up with mine apart from the top board, it thought it was a link before when I tried to hook my laptop to it. Now after having the top board replaced it is registering as a vipec, and I can connect to it fine with my laptop. Didn't have to reinstall any software.

The interesting thing is ever since I had the firmware updated and a retune last year it's been missing slightly and feeling a bit rough at times, and the idle was quite low at times. I was actually starting to get really frustrated with the ecu. Now with the top board replaced on the drive home it was like the ecu of old, smooth and not one miss. Will see if it keeps up.

Can't recommend the tuner enough, has been a great help just happy this is finally resolved by the looks of it. So if anyone has a similar issue it might be your top board.

Let me guess...the tuner was Glen at ESP?

anyone who lives within an hours drive of Canberra would be bonkers to go anywhere else.

Link/vipec have recently released R34 NEO plug in; how many injector/ignition drivers does it have?

edit : bah four ignition drivers

Edited by aleks

• 3 months later...

How many people are running knock detection on the V44/Plugin ECU? And is it really worth getting put in? Car is putting out around 247-267kw at the wheels.

How many people are running knock detection on the V44/Plugin ECU? And is it really worth getting put in? Car is putting out around 247-267kw at the wheels.

Hey mate, yeah i got a v88 and its running the knock detection. Good to have, cus if you get a bad batch of fuel or its a really hot day, rather than the engine pinning its head off and risking putting a hole in the piston, it retards itself and gets saved.

Already paid its price on mine when i got it tuned and it was a little bit lean in the bottom sector so didn't detonate like it would have and leave me with a nice collection of metal pieces lol. mines only putting out 210kws but yeah well worth while if you ask me as good insurance

my 2c anyway good luck with it :P Matt

• 10 months later...

I'm not entirely familiar with anything other than Windows (Mac OS for the least) but is OSX the same as Linux? I thought they used their own obscure bullshit language hahaha...

Since this thread was bumped, software version 8.1 was released a few days ago in case some people don't know.

Lot's and lot's of changes. Playing around with it right now :)

well the reason I'd run Linux is because I just bought a netbook specifically for the car, and it comes with W7 Starter which is a heap of shit OS (SO MANY FEATURES REMOVED). So I have the choice of running Windows 7 64bit which might be a little resource intensive but is the only reliable "free" version I can get, or Ubuntu which is free anyway. Might look into an emulator for ubuntu, otherwise I'll just see how W7 64 bit holds up on a 1.6GHz dual core w/ 1GB ram lol

well the reason I'd run Linux is because I just bought a netbook specifically for the car, and it comes with W7 Starter which is a heap of shit OS (SO MANY FEATURES REMOVED). So I have the choice of running Windows 7 64bit which might be a little resource intensive but is the only reliable "free" version I can get, or Ubuntu which is free anyway. Might look into an emulator for ubuntu, otherwise I'll just see how W7 64 bit holds up on a 1.6GHz dual core w/ 1GB ram lol

32bit. i am highly doubtful the atom is 64bit capable.

Apparently it's fine, mate who'd provide the copy is running it on his atom SINGLE CORE HTPC without issues....unfortunately I can't get my hands on 32 bit otherwise I'd just use that anyway