SAU Community

Possible To Use Xanti Touch Screen With A Car Computer?

i couldnt find anything after searching for this, has anyone tried use the xanti (forget the exact name) touch screens that come in skylines for gps from japan with a car computer?

I was going to take it out on the weekend and have a look and see if its possible, but if anyone else has looked at it before, it may save me some time.

nope, they don't use USB touchscreens,

they just have touchscreens to control the GPS/DVD etc, better to sell it off and get an Lilliput EBY701 or similar off ebay to put in it's place :D

Have a look at mp3car.com

They have a store and a great forum. I'm pretty sure they also sell touch-screen overlays, so you can turn a VGA monitor into a touch screen.

i couldnt find anything after searching for this, has anyone tried use the xanti (forget the exact name) touch screens that come in skylines for gps from japan with a car computer?

I was going to take it out on the weekend and have a look and see if its possible, but if anyone else has looked at it before, it may save me some time.

xanavi. they are not touch screen though. can be used as a VGA screen with fiddling. still need a keyboard though.

never stripped one of them fully down but I'd be tempted to use a lilliput on one if I could get a decent laptop behind it like this :

http://eeepc.asus.com/global/

runs linux as standard. have one in my van with a 3g router behind it. does the job quite well.