SAU Community

So My Jack Just Shat Itself..

Sarumatix

Shop is in Smithfield. It is good, however the pin that holds the top handle in place fell to pieces and I haven't had time to replace it.

The foot pump seems to be good, however I really need to go over it and make sure everything is tight.

I'm going to use this jack at the track (even though it weighs 50kg) because the reach and height allows me to easily change tyres without having to drive onto blocks to get jack access.

hmm.. maybe this jacks a little to hardcore for what i need.

I just need a safe reliable jack, with added support of jack stands that will alow me to work on my car.

What would you recommend?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a massive fan of Kincrome Tools and they have just released a Workshop range so I would check them out, although it really depends on what your budget is and what you want to use it for. Alloy is great as it is light however not always the best for heavier cars.

Your main concern should be the reach and the clearance.

quick shot of my blue point with some reference lol

still to make it to the engine cross member from the front of a kitted 32 i needed to use a 2 inch thick bit of wood

post-5157-1249997970_thumb.jpg

looking for a jack as well was looking at spending at around 200-250

what do people recommend?

was goin to look at the autobarn aluminium racing one but it doesnt have long reach?

would this be good enough for just changing rims at the track and oil changes?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

so whats better the blue point or CP?

price isn't really a problem, more concerned with the specs/reliability

to what i can gather from the pics is that the cp is a tad higher but the blue point is a tad shorter?

Edited by dori31

its hard to say..

i think bluepoint is lower (see below) but the cp definitely looks longer :s

250520091060.jpg

cant find specs for the blue point tho would be good to get some

anyone know any vic retailers of the cp?

Edited by dori31

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also in the market for a jack.

Went through the whole thread..

saw this one a few times https://www.machineryhouse.com.au/Products?...Code=J041#specs

did any1 here who mentioned it, end up getting these? any comments on it?

Also going to look at the GASWELD one..

I only need it for home use so weight won't really matter, needs to be decent low profile.. nothing over 10cm.

and not looking to spend too much above $300 - $350, since i won't be using it often.

However as every1 else, would much rather pay more for quality, than go cheapo n replace within a few uses.

• 1 month later...

I've got the Bluepoint super low floor jack like the one pictured above...

Definitely a great jack, abeit fkn heavy!

Only dissapointing feature is the reach not being longer... I need one of these to reach my cross member on the 180sx :D

1828.JPG

Although having said that... Still can't do much about it as my car is pretty low. I don't think any other jack would do a better job than the Bluepoint one. Reaches the diff no dramas...

My Bluepoint jack + Astro Products ramps = Win ;) No ghetto spec wooden blocks for me lol

PSI Part (Shane): Can you still get those rubber pads for the jacking points still pictured in one of the previous pages? The Bluepoint jack doesn't come with one so I went to Clark Rubber to made one. It's effective, but would much rather the proper stuff as per the one you posted previously...

Cheers,

Andy