SAU Community

So My Jack Just Shat Itself..

Sarumatix

I've got the Bluepoint super low floor jack like the one pictured above...

Definitely a great jack, abeit fkn heavy!

Only dissapointing feature is the reach not being longer... I need one of these to reach my cross member on the 180sx :)

1828.JPG

Although having said that... Still can't do much about it as my car is pretty low. I don't think any other jack would do a better job than the Bluepoint one. Reaches the diff no dramas...

My Bluepoint jack + Astro Products ramps = Win :down: No ghetto spec wooden blocks for me lol

PSI Part (Shane): Can you still get those rubber pads for the jacking points still pictured in one of the previous pages? The Bluepoint jack doesn't come with one so I went to Clark Rubber to made one. It's effective, but would much rather the proper stuff as per the one you posted previously...

Cheers,

Andy

sanp on sell them seperately i was advised - need to make a call to get one for mine also - probably get a spare foam protector for the handle too

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks a little like the "Big Red" jack that I bought a couple years ago. Also aluminium, dual pump, rated to 1500kg...

They're good enough, I still need ramps to get under the car, and the only problem is the jack is not long enough to get to some parts of the car.

It's a lot better than a normal jack, and that's a very good price!

• 3 weeks later...

anyone know if they have stock atm in docklands vic?

Nil stock at the moment but there are over 500 units awaiting customs inspection, should be in by next week.

I got a full refund on my one after 11 months of hammering, not bad.

Nil stock at the moment but there are over 500 units awaiting customs inspection, should be in by next week.

I got a full refund on my one after 11 months of hammering, not bad.

I've had a Costco jack fail after only a few months, may have been abused when I lent it out. Costco replaced it no questions asked because there was a recall a few months ago because the jack didn't have the correct aussie standards sticker which mentions not relying on jack alone when working under vehicle.

I have had another friend who bought one when they opened and its still working fine and has had cars raised in the air for months at a time with no issues.

I would still they are excellent value for $160

I was there last week, there was plenty of stock but they had moved from their regular spot, there seemed to be quite a few left, however there are a few people who buy a pallet load at a time and flogs them off to panel/workshops for $250 making a tidy profit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Bump the shit out of an old thread.

I've been using a 3t SCA jacks for years now and its done the job for the 4b and s13's just fine, but then again i don't have them low.

Short story is, i lowered the track one and now i cant fit my jack in (something like 11cm min on this jack)

Couple of my mates have the Bluepoint ones and ive allways wanted one.

Just called our Snapon dealer and he has a couple in stock and he said they are around $560.

thats for the "Blue Point Long Reach Super Low Service Jack -- SNX1LLTJ "

So given this thread is super old now, whats everyone else using.....or shall i just get the bluepoint and be happy?

I've been using a 3t SCA jacks for years now and its done the job for the 4b and s13's just fine, but then again i don't have them low.

Short story is, i lowered the track one and now i cant fit my jack in (something like 11cm min on this jack)

Just called our Snapon dealer and he has a couple in stock and he said they are around $560.

So given this thread is super old now, whats everyone else using.....or shall i just get the bluepoint and be happy?

My cheapo SCA crapped itself too so I went to Big Red Jacks in Tullamarine to have a look at their stock.

I ended up buying a Torin T815005L 1.5 ton Aluminum Racing Jack, I think it was $150 from memory.

Details: http://www.bigredjackste.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_205&product_id=272

Before you buy read the reviews, they're a bit mixed: http://www.amazon.com/Torin-T815005L-Aluminum-Racing-Jack/dp/B0027VFZE6

My jack has gone really well so far. It's pretty light to move around and lifts quickly even though it's a single pump only.

Min height is listed as 90mm. My car is moderately low, I can (just) lift it under the wheel arch with the wheel at full lock. It's a bit fiddly though so I normally just drive the car on some ramps and lift it from the front.

I've found that the real issue with low cars and jacks is not actually the min height, it's the length of the jack body. A medium size jack like this is just not long enough to allow the handle to move up and down when the arm is under the front cross member.

Let us know how you go.

I just cut two pieces of timber with a suitable bevel on one end and drive up on them. They also double as wheel chocks so you don't have to use the handbrake when the brakes are hot

I have to jack mine up just to get the ramps under the tyres - can't drive up them, too low. But I've been using a Repco low profile steel/iron jack for years and it is fine, gets under the car and onto the subframe at the front no issues. I usually put a 600mm bit of 4x2 across the frame to even out the load though. Cost me around $200.

Only thing is its heavy, but thats what trolley wheels are for.