SAU Community

So My Jack Just Shat Itself..

Sarumatix

wow im interested in getitng a low jack aswell, im sick of having to take my front bumper and all splash guards off, just to jack up the car, it makes it take twice as long..

was so keen in that black one psi showed that isnt for sale :)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i got a low profile jack from ebay, its hell good, hasnt failed me yet and i have had it for a year

quick note that if it isnt low enough you can just drive ya front wheels on bricks just to raise the front up bit more

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2200Kg-LOW-PROFILE-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by Flash89

Just to let you know what my thoughts are. Since the omega one is not available, I'm going to be getting the Snap On (Blue Point) low profile Jack. These aren't cheap, coming in at around $500, but at least you know it's a keeper for life.

Just to let you know what my thoughts are. Since the omega one is not available, I'm going to be getting the Snap On (Blue Point) low profile Jack. These aren't cheap, coming in at around $500, but at least you know it's a keeper for life.

yep, this is the one i have wanted for a long time.

is that the trade price? and do they come with the axle stands that are in the pic you put up of the Blue Point jack?

is that the trade price? and do they come with the axle stands that are in the pic you put up of the Blue Point jack?

Yes, as you can only buy with an account.

LOL @ blue point being for life

just cause its made by snap on doesnt mean its the best

we've sent so much shit back to snap on its getting beyond a joke

That wasn't a comment based on snap on tools (I'm a kincrome man for the record), it's based on three different workshops that use this particular jack and have had no dramas with it.

oi that omega one is aweosme, silver 34 and myself want that one! why can't u make a group buy on that?? and where can u get it from and ill buy it myself..

oi that omega one is aweosme, silver 34 and myself want that one! why can't u make a group buy on that?? and where can u get it from and ill buy it myself..

Not sure if you read some of my comments, but the low profile omega jack cannot be bought in Australia as it does not meet AS standards. I have tried numerous companies to try and get it shipped here but have yet to be successful.

Not sure if you read some of my comments, but the low profile omega jack cannot be bought in Australia as it does not meet AS standards. I have tried numerous companies to try and get it shipped here but have yet to be successful.

thats crazy, so if we go and buy it in another country, and try to get them to post it to us, customs will stop it??? seems weird for personal use

benm, mate further to tokyo taxi be very wary of that jack. does it just have a single piston at the back? look like it does. it looks almost identical to one I bought a few years ago. it was great at first, 5 or 5 pumps to full height, light enough to carry, then one day part of the plate cracked off and shot out like a bullet where it disintegrated onto the wall narowly missing my head (and a mate), then one of the wheels broke (no big deal, happens some times), then the lift started to fck up. we took it apart and replaced a seal, all good. then it happened again, sometimes it would get stuck etc, basically it was just no good. the revised models have a stronger plate and twin pistons on the back. our one cost $300 too. so just be carefull with it.

actually scott would have seen spencer and I use it a few times on spencers car and even on a 800kg race alfa it used to fck out.

Looks identical to mine except its twin pump and has 2 front wheels instead of 1.

Yep, this is the one I'm talking about ( not the one Richard & Spencer were using which was a dangerous POS as Richard said ). This model you have benm is much better, but I've still seen failures in the castor wheel bearings.

edit:

BTW, I've ordered one of the Gasweld ones @ $215 ( post-2420-1213223546_thumb.jpg ) so I'll give some feedback when I get it and try it out.

Yep, this is the one I'm talking about ( not the one Richard & Spencer were using which was a dangerous POS as Richard said ). This model you have benm is much better, but I've still seen failures in the castor wheel bearings.

edit:

BTW, I've ordered one of the Gasweld ones @ $215 ( post-2420-1213223546_thumb.jpg ) so I'll give some feedback when I get it and try it out.

Be good to hear how they are and if they are good quality. Would like one thats lower though as 100mm just isn't low enough for me unless i missed something and it is lower than that

Edited by babyskyline