SAU Community

R33 Brembos On R32 Gtst

hi, guys i'm thinking about upgrading my front brakes to brembos, what do you guys think? is it a good idea? i would rather over brake then under brake. ive got a few question that i have

1) how easy will it be to get the brembos on?

2) what will need to be changed?

3) and they should fit under the normal R33 gtr wheels right?

4) anything i need to know that i dont know?

any input would be great. thank you guys

few more things i should add i'm running a R33 turbo so should be at about 190rwkw, and i'm also getting these for 825 AUD, is that a good price? for just the fronts with DS2500 pads, and the standard discs. they off a 1997 gtr.

any advice would be good guys.

thanks

1. Should be a direct bolt on fit (34 gtr use diff size bolt, 32/33 are the same)

2. The caliper, disk and i would also put on ADR braided lines

3. Dont see why not as that is how they came from factorie.

4. I would also change the brake fluid and if it were me the master cylnder to a gtr as it is larger or inspect your one and if need be change the seals.

1. Should be a direct bolt on fit (34 gtr use diff size bolt, 32/33 are the same)

GTST's are not the same, the bolts to the hub are a different diameter for a start.

2. The caliper, disk and i would also put on ADR braided lines

What about the 280 mm rotors versus 324 mm rotors?

You need calliper adaptors (try UAS), rotors and brake lines.

Changing the fronts only is not a good idea, I would do the rears at the same time.

Personally I think the Brembos are overrated and not good value for money. They are hardly any better than the standard Sumitomo/Nissan 4 spot fronts and 2 spot rears.

Cheers

Gary

i put gtt fronts on my f2 just had to drill out the holes little for bigger bolts

dont think made that much difference

just get better pads braded linnes and a master stoper do the trick

If you want to run an R33 or R32 Brembo caliper on your R32 GTSt then they are almost a bolt on affair. You need to use the GTR rotor (324mm) which once the caliper is off requires you to cut off the dust guard and then simply slide on, easy.

Next you will find that the bolt whilst the same diameter is a different pitch . So the bolt will easily go through the hubm, you just need to either buy a new bolt (good idea) or make sure you GTR calipers come with the bolts as well. Then its a matter of bolting up the lines (striaght fit) install pads and bleed brakes.

If you use R32 or R33 calipers and rotors then its as near to a bolt on job as you get with cars. If you have an R34 simply grab R34 GTR calipers which are cheaper as there doesnt seem to be the demand as there arent that many R34 owners compared to R32/33 owners chasing them.

Shameless plug, if you want to run Brembos then i have some F40 calipers that run the GTR rotor for sale, better more flexible setup with near new rotors and better caliper for the same asking price as used GTR gear :down: