SAU Community

Haltech E11

jippa

has anyone fitted to a s2 and what were the results.. im contemplating this mod for 3k. i only have stock turbo and because im on a buget cant upgrade both. i would rather the e11 but is it worth it with stock turbo. other mods are sard fuel pump full 3inch zorst splitfires and fmic.

has anyone fitted to a s2 and what were the results.. im contemplating this mod for 3k. i only have stock turbo and because im on a buget cant upgrade both. i would rather the e11 but is it worth it with stock turbo. other mods are sard fuel pump full 3inch zorst splitfires and fmic.

Nothing wrong with getting the ECU first. Then you can do allt he mods you want and tweak it as you go.

:D

why Haltech? your best bet is to find a good tuner and then use the ecu they reccomend, i know a few tuners in Perth who refuse to touch Haltech and reckon the tune jumps around (afr's all over the place on back to back dyno runs), they also say its the shittest software ever to tune with, but thats personal opinion i suppose.

Send me a PM with who u planning on using to tune if u have found someone and ill give u some advice who not to use :P

If it was me i would use the EMS 8860 for $1600 i think it is, great ecu and great value, a few mates are running them and reccomend them 100% and i know a great tuner in Perth as well who does them :down:

is yours auto or manual i forgot now?

hey one of my mates is running a haltec in his stagea and never a problem with it .he just getss in and drives it all day everyday .if i could have my time i would of bought one insted of power f/c but hey each to there own i guess . uniqe autos tuned his in sydney his was running a shift kitted auto but now we changed it to manual and still runs well and is good on fuel to go with it .his had other engine mods to but has 260awk if any of that info helps

why Haltech? your best bet is to find a good tuner and then use the ecu they reccomend, i know a few tuners in Perth who refuse to touch Haltech and reckon the tune jumps around (afr's all over the place on back to back dyno runs), they also say its the shittest software ever to tune with, but thats personal opinion i suppose.

I guess im lucky my tuner used to work for Haltech.

Send me a PM with who u planning on using to tune if u have found someone and ill give u some advice who not to use :D

If it was me i would use the EMS 8860 for $1600 i think it is, great ecu and great value, a few mates are running them and reccomend them 100% and i know a great tuner in Perth as well who does them :D

is yours auto or manual i forgot now?

auto.. hmmm not another option :laugh: . cool i will try to cath up wit ya and have a chat in a week or so when i get back.

sent pm

thanks guys. looks like 2 options. im looking for a perth workshop , who does the ems units in wa and anyone had one done in there stagea in perth. also what price is the ems unit

G`day jippa barry`s dyno in cannington is the dealer for them i will get some info for you as i drop in there,have a good one dude talk soon ,cheer`s chuckie.

I guess im lucky my tuner used to work for Haltech.

Hey dave (NYTSKY) i assume u are talking about Adam from JEM? if i had a good haltech tuner in perth i would have used the haltech for sure but the person i wanted to use refused to touch it and told me to keep the autronic i had in the car, i know of a tuner in perth who does haltech (not many haltech tuners in perth) and he swears by them but he has a few issues lately with bad tuning (his fault not the ecu) and i got cold feet and decided against using him, and the other haltech distributor told me they had a few issues with them as well in the past, but as i said if i had someone who could verify the car would run perfect i would of used it. In Perth finding a decent tuner is hard enough without having to find one who does Haltech as well.

Jippa goto Ovaboost in Malaga, Mick is the owner/tuner and highly regarded in Perth, he is the best tuner i have dealt with and ive used alot of them, he is the EMS distributor. Tell him u got reccomended him by Brad with the rb26 stagea and he should look after you. He does my autronics tuning and he is a top bloke and listens to what u have to say and doesnt carry the usual "im better than everyone else" attitude ive dealt with in the past with other tuners. He does some killer cars as well, his own 2jz makes 900rwhp, a 900rwhp centura turbo, a 780rwhp rotor, a couple of 600hp rb26s, a 570hp rb25 and a few 480hp sr20s to name a few.

Edited by unique1

unique1 - Just a quick question ... if you have an autronic why would you want to go a Haltech .... Autronic is a much better ecu then haltech ... Its just hard to find anyone who knows how to tune them.

unique1 - Just a quick question ... if you have an autronic why would you want to go a Haltech .... Autronic is a much better ecu then haltech ... Its just hard to find anyone who knows how to tune them.

hey mate i had a motor issue and decided to use another tuner and he hated autronic and reccomended haltech so i bought all the stuff (e11v2, ls1 coils, map sensor, loom, etc) and then changed my mind on the tuner and used another tuner who said he hates haltech and autronics is perfect and nothing wrong with it so i kept the autronics and cdi and msd cdi coil setup which made life easier for me not having to wire up the haltech :blink:

Autronics tuners are hard to find especially in Perth, every tuner loves some ecus and hates the rest and the next tuner loves the opposite ecus and hates the ones the last tuner loved so its just personal opinions i suppose and they always would rather be using software they are more familiar with.

Edited by unique1