SAU Community

So I Had A Car Accident...

Mayuri Krab

Still waiting for him to gave me the dam insurance claim #.

Messaged him this morning & his reply was that his now in Melbourne & gave me his home phone # to call

Appears to me that guy run off to Melbourne to hide, & left this whole pile of sh*t for his old man to get sorted.

Called his house phone a # of times & left messages, but no replies yet.

Their "hiding for as long as possibles tactics" is start to piss me off :happy:

Will try & call again tomorrow & if they hide out any longer, might just pay them a visit this weekend.

I knew I said at the 1st post, that I won't rant on the thread, but this is just getting stupid now... being keeping myself sane today by watching all 24 eps of Fate Stay Night & eating a crap load of cookies & cream ice cream :D .

ahaha i would say #1 change ice cream - you will get bored

and secondly get your dad to go with you to see his dad to sort it out :happy:

they have no excuse, they should have lodged the claim by now and got a claim number for you.

After a # of phone calls, someone finally answered the phone, & gave me their claim #.

Guess I'll call their insurance tomorrow & see what they say about it. "Gentlemen, to victory!!!"

On a side note, that guy never seemed interested in asking whether I have claimed insurance or my claim #, could that mean because his got full com insurance & hence he doesn't care about it seeing his getting his car fixed neither way? Was just wondering...

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got time around to take some pictures of the damage. Dam exams :P

Photo0090.jpg

Photo0091.jpg

Photo0093.jpg

Photo0094.jpg

Photo0096.jpg

Photo0097.jpg

Photo0098.jpg

On the bright side, the other guy's insurance company has agreed to authorise the repairs :blush:

Now I need to tow the car back to Osborne park again, when it just got towed back from Osborne Park... :P

Does Panel shops repair stuff like the control arm? Or do I need to go to a mech for that?

^^^

Yeah, live in Tuart hill & my common trip (b4 accident) include the dog swamp shopping center, Inaloo shopping center & that Caltex petrol station in Morly.

Hopefully I can get the car running again b4 new semester of uni starts, can't bare the thought of taking pubic transport :P

Edited by Mayuri Krab

On the bright side, the other guy's insurance company has agreed to authorise the repairs :D

best news you could hope for dude.

WD on the perseverance and I am really glad it will all get sorted out for you.

Towed to a repairer? WTF

Just drive it dude.

Don't think I can :(

Steering feels funny, as in the car doesn't turn left unless I do a full lock... the 1st tow driver guy who towed my car after the accident said something in the steering got bent...

But more importantly, battery is dead due to it be stored @ Just Car's car yard for ~2wk now & I got no jumper cables atm. & everyone in the family is too lazy to go out & buy new ones :P .

I probably would have picked a different panel shop if my car was still drivable, as insurance said I could choose a panel shop of my choice, but in the end I just chose to get it fixed in one of their authorised places, since that place allowed me to store the car there, while the other places all said, I need to take it there for a quote then take it back since they can't store it there :(

Hopefully it will get fixed b4 the new semester of uni starts.

& cheers to everyone for your support & info. :P

Edited by Mayuri Krab

• 2 weeks later...

Something interesting came up today,

About a week ago, the insurance called in the morning saying that the repair shop encountered a minor problem; that since one of my rims was damaged in the crash (didn't looked damaged to me, but oh well they are paying...), they are thinking of replacing that rim, but they can't find that particular kind of rim & is asking me wether I know where to get one (which I don't :)).

Today I went to the repair shop, & I asked about the current situation & the guy there said that they are trying to see if they can sent the rim off for repairs, & when I mentioned about if they can't repair it, I'll just buy a rim that looks similar & get them to put it on. Then he said that coz its a jap import & the rims are jap imported, all the rims you buy from normal shops here won't fit & you'll need to import one from JP otherwise if I get a rim from a normal shop they will have to get a new wheel & change the entire wheel.

Is this true? or is he talking bs? I'm a car noob, but this sounds pretty fishy to me. So if what he said is true, that means If I go to my local rim shop, then according to him all of the rims there won't fit my car? I didn't know there was a different rim standard between JP import & the cars here...

Thoughts people?

Thanks.

Hopefully i can pay you back for all of your computer info

Ok so the deal is you are meant to have parts replace to an equal value, so the most important this is what is the "value" of the wheel? you may have to speak to the insurance company about it. DO NOT DEAL WITH THE SMASH REPAIR COMPANY FOR REPLACEMENT, LET THE ASSESOR KNOW WHO WORKS FOR THE INSURANCE COMPANY, let them sort out the costs etc but it is very important the assesor from the insurance company knows EXACTLY what is going on and the costs associated as the smash repiar company can very quickly get a new wheel worth $800 for example and the insurance company say "oh but we were only convering the wheel for up to $400" so you now owe the smash repair company $400 for an unmatched wheel!!

Now generally lets say your window got smashed but the only window they could find the closest was bright pink! they generally have to find an exact match or in the interest of customer service they should really replace the lot. Trust me WHINGE and complain enough and they should try to assist! take names and dates.

Also the word on the street is Miss Petepie works for an insurance company (keep that on the hush hush so no one annoys her) but i recon if you ask her nicely and impress her with your computing skills she maybe able to talk to a colleague to get all that verified.

My bro is now a cop plus i now personal train two of em so sometimes if i ask them nicely while making them cry on their 12th lat raise about an issue i normally get a full legal rundown. Leave it with me as one of them is one of our local friendly highway policeman that you see in the funky cars :-) so he may also have a bit of a rundown.

Sorry just to state again, let them do the chasing around, if it is their clients fault and they are the cause of the accident as per the police investigation, it is their (insurance company) responsibility to find the exact match or nearest item. have a search on the net though and if you see any business that does sell the exact match point them in that direction.

• 1 month later...

I just got my car back from the panel shop today :)

After about 2 month of no transport (& hence spending most of my uni semster break at home :rolleyes:), I finally got my transport back & just in time too, my smart rider just ran out of $, no need to recharge it anymore XD.

My car's beautiful face is back to normal :)

Photo0102.jpg

Photo0103.jpg

Photo0105.jpg

Photo0107.jpg

Photo0108.jpg

Photo0109.jpg