SAU Community

Post Broardwater Car Park Era

changi

Was I on that drive to dinner??? If so, it was a great drive!!!

And Changi, you don't know me and I can only derive from your posts that any mention by Bunta of your "GTR attitude" is pretty much on the mark. I would put Noel's GTS-T up against most GTR's on this forum in any style of motorsport. He has built a vehicle for all purposes, not just posing.

Flame away!!

(heads back to the nicer forum...)

you were there! It was the drive from our place over to hogs breath at indro

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was I on that drive to dinner??? If so, it was a great drive!!!

And Changi, you don't know me and I can only derive from your posts that any mention by Bunta of your "GTR attitude" is pretty much on the mark. I would put Noel's GTS-T up against most GTR's on this forum in any style of motorsport. He has built a vehicle for all purposes, not just posing.

Flame away!!

(heads back to the nicer forum...)

confusing post Rhinorebel. you write that you don't know me; and then, in the same sentence, you say I have a "GTR attitude". c'mon lift your game!. I like all machinery, I'd love to see Noel's car, ask him questions etc, sounds like he has done a fine build. that's where the meets at BWCP were beneficial; it gave people who don't go to the track/strip to learn and get 'ideas' from experienced people. my point regarding the GTST was that they are not a track/drag car in standard form [nor is a GTR]. modifications, sometimes few, often many, are required and are usually made.

the only attitude I display here is dismay at people who put crap on this forum, especially those who have thousands of posts to their name. now that's "hypocracy".

any other suggestions on 'where to now' re BWCP?.

confusing post Rhinorebel. you write that you don't know me; and then, in the same sentence, you say I have a "GTR attitude". c'mon lift your game!. I like all machinery, I'd love to see Noel's car, ask him questions etc, sounds like he has done a fine build. that's where the meets at BWCP were beneficial; it gave people who don't go to the track/strip to learn and get 'ideas' from experienced people. my point regarding the GTST was that they are not a track/drag car in standard form [nor is a GTR]. modifications, sometimes few, often many, are required and are usually made.

the only attitude I display here is dismay at people who put crap on this forum, especially those who have thousands of posts to their name. now that's "hypocracy".

Yep, Your back yard so we can all watch you bat off over your gtr. :)

Hi Changi and all

Well i have read everything that everyone had to say and i agree with all and that everyone has their opinions but putting that all aside my suggestions and they only suggestions and these are mostly for the Gold Coasters and due to we are a bit far from Willowbank are:

1. Parklands Showgrounds carpark ???
  2. Mudgereeba basketball courts carpark ???
  3. Burleigh point carpark ???
  4. Burleigh beach carpark ???
  5. Harbourtown carpark ???
  6. Dog park off Robina Parkway across from roundabout ???

And Changi Noels car is something to see.

Hi to u Noel and Dave.

Cheers :)

another constructive post Rhinorebel. you're a legend.

adios!!.

You need to learn to read changsta. Its fineline not Rhino. Thats F.I.N.E.L.I.N.E

Now write it out 50 times. before you leave.

And dont let the door bang your arse on the way out. :)

Hi Changi and all

Well i have read everything that everyone had to say and i agree with all and that everyone has their opinions but putting that all aside my suggestions and they only suggestions and these are mostly for the Gold Coasters and due to we are a bit far from Willowbank are:

1. Parklands Showgrounds carpark ???
  2. Mudgereeba basketball courts carpark ???
  3. Burleigh point carpark ???
  4. Burleigh beach carpark ???
  5. Harbourtown carpark ???
  6. Dog park off Robina Parkway across from roundabout ???

And Changi Noels car is something to see.

Hi to u Noel and Dave.

Cheers :)

hi NismoKnight,

don't know the parks you mentioned in the Burliegh area but Mudgeeraba sounds good; close to M1. "if" we were left alone, I reckon Harbourtown would be ideal. plenty of spaces, lights, directly off Brisbane road and easy access back to M1/Brizzy; or continue on south to Surfer's etc. there's a big "if" there though!!. maybe we could have a trial meet there and another at Mudgee, see how they go. see what others think. Brizzy drivers might want a more central meeting place.

thanks for that, we might be getting somewhere with this.

You need to learn to read changsta. Its fineline not Rhino. That F.I.N.E.L.I.N.E

Now write it out 50 times. before you leave.

And dont let the door bang your arse on the way out. :)

yep, I stuffed that one up; lions..1, christians...nil!!.

you now know that you have given me free licence to check 'all' you posts for spelling errors henceforth!!.

I know from your posts that you are more into the track/strip scene than carpark meetups, but from other posters' I get the feeling that your car, and what you done to it is pretty cool, this is what a lot of people who attend carpark meetups come to see, enjoy and to learn from; there has to be value in that!!.

back to school for me!.

another constructive post Rhinorebel. you're a legend.

adios!!.

Who the hell are you??? You have been a forum member since late 2003 and yet you have only minimal posts???

You really contribute to the scene don't you!!!

Put up or shut up. I have been part of the Club for 4 years now and have been on the Executive working hard so that 'tards like you have something to whinge about when we give up our free time to organise cruises, track days, dinners, etc.

This forum is about information and making friends of like-minded individuals. You contradict yourself every other post and yet you still flame with the best of them. Anyone can own a Skyline of any type and be proud of their vehicle.

As I said, I don't know you, and if you have been around the Queensland Skyline scene for that long and I haven't heard of, let alone met you, you have little or no credibility to bust our chops about anything.

you now know that you have given me free licence to check 'all' you posts for spelling errors henceforth!!.

I know from your posts that you are more into the track/strip scene than carpark meetups, but from other posters' I get the feeling that your car, and what you done to it is pretty cool, this is what a lot of people who attend carpark meetups come to see, enjoy and to learn from; there has to be value in that!!.

back to school for me!.

Ar yu steel hear. :)

And i thought we were one happy Skyline family LOL :P:D;):)

we are; this is just healthy, robust debate happening here. the odd personal 'dig' [given and taken] is good for the soul!!. I hope it is, otherwise some of our souls are indeep crap!!.l

back to school for me!.

seeing it in a car park is marginally educational.......seeing it drive is another thing all together :)

hi,

this is my ewang

]-----

its normal size atm.

we get it you bought your cars cause they are fast.. and good for M1 sprints. but want to see what its really got and meet people (perhaps even meat), then go for a track run, you dont have to flog the mutha farken bearings out it it to have fun, so stop bitchin about breaking stuff if you go for a track day. I can tell you it is a hell of a lot more fun then car park meets. I dont mind meeting at carparks, but not for anything else cept food and drink.

if you bought it as a daily fair enough, you can still have fun without it breaking. and without pissing the cops off. if thats what your worried about as well.

but i vote...for a nice big grass spot on where you can look at them.

seeing it in a car park is marginally educational.......seeing it drive is another thing all together :)

seeing the car up close and talking to the driver and/or builder in person is what many want to do. why do you think the 'pits' are so popular at race meets?. most people don't have [and will never have, no matter how much practice] the skill to race, that doesn't mean they shouldn't get involved in some way. involvement can be at race meetings, or go to car club or 'all in' car meetings, such as what used to occurr at BWCP. building and driving highly modified cars is for the few, many more will not be able go beyond a a few basic mods, but all enthusiasts get enjoyment from being around cars. some are dreamers, but who cares if they are doing their thing!. got to start somewhere.

not sure if you are interested, but if so, do you have any more suggestions for possible meet-up locations. Mr Fineline suggested my back yard but my kids refused to move their swings, so that is out!!