SAU Community

Breaks Totaly Warped

Hey guys on my 32gtst the breaks are totally warped... they have been machined too many times and it looks like the discs will need to be changed...

firstly does anyone know how my discs got so warped to begin with?

and when it comes to changing discs, is it a big job. ive never changed discs b4.

would anyone know of some half decent disc i should get. something better than standard

Dont use DBA4000s if you intend to track it - they will probably crack, see HERE

Make sure the mating surfaces are completely clean when you install the new rotors (ie between the rotor and hub) otherwise they will feel warped.

You'd shouldnt ever need to machine rotors unless something really bad has happened. If you're replacing pads just sand the surface until its dull before installing the new pads.

whats all this crap about not machineing skyline rotors, thats the biggest load of crap ive ever heard, you should be machining your discs whenever you replace pads so they bed in properly, and they get warped by things like getting them hot then having to sit at traffic lights with your foot on the break, thats why when you finish your ;aps at the track you dont put your handbreak on you just let the car sit there so they can cool down with no uneven pressure, yes they are floating, not need for torque specs. and after time your rotors will get glazed, thats one reason for squeal and another reason to machine them when you get new pads, when they wear they dont wear flat they will get grooves in them, if you just scratch them up a bit you wont make them flat, then when you put your new pads in they wont be contacting the whole surface and will wear unevenly.

also your disc will warp easier the thinner they are.

well mine are totally warped .. my car wobbles when i break and i can feel it on my foot when breaking ... last time i got it services my mechanic told me they were warped and thatthey will get worse ..

anyways im increasing the HP in my car so i would like to be able to stop a little better then i do now ..

sow could somoene recomend somthing good i should replace them with?