SAU Community

Help Me Reset My Alarm

cheez

hey guys

battery went flat on my car today coz dumbass me left the lights on since it was darkish when i went to a mates. no problems jump starting the car but now my alarm dont work.

the car reciever doesnt know which signal to accept or the remote and car arent in sink?

anybody know how to reset the alarm? its the version with 2 way paging remote and has remote start, boot, bonnet, door sensor with shock sensor too.

any help would be awesome.

cheers

daniel

nothing, the alarm wont arm/disarm. when battery goes flat, alarm disarms, and when u go to arm, it just sends signal out but never gets a response from the car. not sure what the go is there

so it is on, off blank?

do this:

find valet button, turn key on , tap once then hold. should get a chirp. press remote. should get another. tiurn key off. should work.

if light is solid - hold button, turn key on release button - light should go out. try remote.

if not - find unit and unplug.

found valet, tap then hold, got chirp, press remote - no chirp..

any other ideas? wll un pluggin the unit do anything or wat? it doesnt affect the car atm...

Might I suggest taking this to PM???

I find it strange someone telling someone else how to reset an alarm system for a car over the internet, I would hate to know that someone willingly told someone else how to reset an alarm system that then got used to pinch my car (if this information could be twisted or used in the wrong way).

Just my personal rant.

Thanks.

B.

considering the original post was edited and the alarm in question is hardly high tech - not really. the users manual is readily available on the net anyway so google would net it in under a second and once the car was found it would take 30 secs to nick it anyway. they are not the best units on teh market for security.

my 2c.

What worries me is that someone can search "reset xxx alarm system" and find this post, but wont find the manual for the alarm.

Non-hightech or not, providing information to over-ride a security system chills me, but that's my opinion.

I already know how to bypass a stack of alarms, but this is something I would be asking for contact details, and calling the person, asking for some way of confirming authenticity of the request before providing the info, I am just one of these super-paranoid people in regards to automotive security, especially considering imports are high-up on the theft list, and usually stripped for parts and wrecking within 8 hours of theft.

At the end of the day, you wont stop someone stealing it if they want it, but you can make it difficult for them to steal.

B.

not to worry guys, didnt need a reset, showed it to the guy who installed it and found that possibly the unit itself is faulty so warranty claim under way.

if it comes up that way, ill upgrade the alarm anyhow.