SAU Community

Corvette Zr1 Runs 7.26.4

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt suggest this car would fix their problems- nothing much will! my suggestion is that it [corvette]might be worth something if they cease production! I bet the workers of GM dont share your confidence. GM dont have the money to invest in R and D, and as such they skimp on new models. its been a slippery slide for many years and it's because they kept on producing ordinary, inefficiant, mediocre quality cars. Compare them to Toyota and with there miniscul funds they are always going to be 1 then 2 then 3 steps behind the benchmark!

I don't Vettes, especially the old on'es they have personality ! :P

Regards Mario

i think it's great nissan got it handed to them, and all the dumb arses (read 90% of people on here) who are in a little dream world saying push rods are shit leaf spring is shit and old have been proven wrong.

i'd rather a decent leaf setup than a fully hetic set of hsc coilovers that cost 1200 bucks.

much like i'd rather have a new falcon or commodore over the shitty maxima we get here.

And GM and ford have been in financial strike for about a decade so thats not really new news.

much like nissan was almost gone until renault bailed them out.

i think it's great nissan got it handed to them, and all the dumb arses (read 90% of people on here) who are in a little dream world saying push rods are shit. leaf spring is shit

fixed::

i'd rather a decent leaf setup than a fully hetic set of hsc coilovers that cost 1200 bucks. well decent leaf setup is a fun idea... but .. well... shit stilll.... fully hectic anything will always be shit...

corrected::

much like i'd rather have a new falcon or commodore over the shitty maxima we get here.

V-true... im not brand biased.. some brands don't seem to make anything I like though but that doesn't bother me, I would purchase a commodore or ford for a family sedan no problem. I don't go 4wd very often so I don't need one to lug my family around or the boat im going to buy.. but a nice fat aus designed sedan aka v-something commo was.. with some real suspension.. 6 pot brakes, sun roof and some quality *read not quantity sound upgrades will do wonderfully for getting a boat around in fair ammounts of comfort. some family duties for the wifey etc...

And GM and ford have been in financial strike for about a decade so thats not really new news.

I thought GM group were well to do ? no?

v-true... like a great many auto makers, business is business... they buy, sell and whore each other.

i think it's great nissan got it handed to them, and all the dumb arses (read 90% of people on here) who are in a little dream world saying push rods are shit leaf spring is shit and old have been proven wrong.

come on mate settle down, 90% of people here dumb arses? this isnt nissansilvia.com :laughing-smiley-014:

i'd rather a decent leaf setup than a fully hetic set of hsc coilovers that cost 1200 bucks.

Just remember, Nissan's ring time of 7.29 was for the BASE model GTR, your comparing the base model GTR's time to a "modified" version of a already existing base z06, hardly a comparison in my opinion.

Wait till the Vspec GTR offical runs the ring, then compare it to the zr1!

And saying 90% of the people on here are "dumbarses" is a pretty bold statement! :whistling::)

Edited by nizmo_freek

Awesome vid and some great driving :)

After watching that and comparing it to the GTR one I know which one I'd buy.....the GTR....why because seeing what the driver had to do to get a time 4 secs (or so) faster than the 'R' I know that I'd kill myself in the Vette :P

Still that Vette is a nice bit of kit....looks and sounds fantastic.

just watched mega factories and it was about the corvette

i didn't know the body panels are made of fiberglass and the front fenders are made

of carbon fiber. Aluminum chassis. after hearing that it doesn't surprise me how

fast the car is. the only problem i see is the use of transverse leaf for the front and rear.

Just remember, Nissan's ring time of 7.29 was for the BASE model GTR, your comparing the base model GTR's time to a "modified" version of a already existing base z06, hardly a comparison in my opinion.

The Z06 is already a quite modified version of the base Corvette. So the ZR-1 would be like a Nismo version of the V-Spec.

Yea The ZR1 should only really be compared to the V.spec and the NISMO edition ( assuming one gets made ).

A Question about that ZR1 Vid, That car looks to be handling suspiciously well.... A little to well.. Was that Lap done with the stock Tires or Slicks?

Was that Lap done with the stock Tires or Slicks?

According to the press release, the 7:26 lap time was done on the stock Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's, which are a soft street tyre.

They're soft, but with their tread pattern and UTQG they're easily daily drivable. They're certainly less aggressive in the tread and UTQG than the Bridgestone RE070s the GT-R comes with, or the usual aftermarket S-Comp choices of the Falken RT615 / Federal 595RS / Bridgestone RE-01R / Dunlop Direzza Z1 / Nitto 555R II.

Good work Snowie. How good is it to see a "basic" car punching out good numbers. I was impressed with how settled the car looked. Given that the car is a 3 pedal, rwd car you can see, as expected there are a few errors here and there yet the car still posted the time it did. Awesome.

But i suppose this will be short lived. The V-Spec will likely go quicker with all its brack box trickery. :D

One thing that is very obvious. Is what the hell are they doing with that 6spd gearbox. What a waste of a gear, the thing stretches out 5th then grabs 6th and cant use it. Obviously, like ealrier Vettes 6th is simply an everdrive gear for trying to get fuel economy that the govt legislate all cars must obtain

Most modern Corvettes have two overdriven gears. The Commodore inherited the 'vette box with the LS1/LS2, and the modifications went to the shift feel rather than gearing.

You'd think that the ZR-1 would have a close ratio box, given its focus, but with that much torque its probably not necessary.