SAU Community

Stagea Knockin On Heavens Door :(

stagpower

well the other week i was accelerating and heard a slight rattling like sound going with revs,went home and listened at idle,it was ok,the next day we were driving home and it was getting a little worst,(i had the car parked up till yesterday,someone came to look at my ute on sunday and when i started my wagon to move it,it didnt stop on idle and gets bad with revs... and it sounds like bottom end to me,should i get a whole new motor??(as mine has 185,000km) or just get it all rebuilt??anywhere recommended in PERTH??? thanks,

That's unfortunate. it might be something much more simple than that, I've done 215,000km on my engine and it hasn't missed a beat. I replaced the big end bearing seal at 200,000km though, which may have helped.

Have you checked the TPS, CAS or Knock sensor? always start with the cheapest item that could make those symptoms then work your way up.

25 head on a rb30 block time more like it :banana: cheap as chips to do and help lug around the extra weight of the stagea, u can bolt all your 25 head stuff on a rb30e block and make 400hp all day long with the right supporting mods.

well the other week i was accelerating and heard a slight rattling like sound going with revs,went home and listened at idle,it was ok,the next day we were driving home and it was getting a little worst,(i had the car parked up till yesterday,someone came to look at my ute on sunday and when i started my wagon to move it,it didnt stop on idle and gets bad with revs... and it sounds like bottom end to me,should i get a whole new motor??(as mine has 185,000km) or just get it all rebuilt??anywhere recommended in PERTH??? thanks,

C-RED, Tenagah.................SAU sponsor list............hope it all goes well for you. Btw +1 for 26 time.

Cheers GW

25 head on a rb30 block time more like it :P cheap as chips to do and help lug around the extra weight of the stagea, u can bolt all your 25 head stuff on a rb30e block and make 400hp all day long with the right supporting mods.

+11ty thousand

picking up an RB30 bottom end out of a sad old VL commonwhore is pretty damn cheap.

I suppose there is some easy way of adapting the RB30 block to take the 4WD sump?

Yes, you need a adpator plate

If you are serious about a 3ltr bottom end, a mate has one aready machined and forged pistons etc, ready to assemble

It was a good price from memory and he is full of knowledge, as he has already done one his R32. Pm me

hmmmm there were some good options there,could someone please pm with more on this whole rb30/25 setup,as i am very interested in the idea..,thanks

my vct hub and solinoid packed it in and made the worst noise i thought my brand new engine was stuffed . tyr unplugging the big solinoid near the front of head on right hand side and see if it goes away . i payed like 150 for the parts second hand . worth a try .cheers bernard