SAU Community

Sau Texikhana 2008v2

Abo Bob

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good news everybody just paid for texi and accomodation for 2............. woooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooo

gotten off my behind and payed, normally slow getting this stuff done, anyways I'm still keen to help out with the paperwork in the morning. ps wheres the other thread with a confirmed list?

btw payed with paypal

gotten off my behind and payed, normally slow getting this stuff done, anyways I'm still keen to help out with the paperwork in the morning. ps wheres the other thread with a confirmed list?

btw payed with paypal

The confirmed list is the first page of this thread.

Having 2 threads was too confusing for some people.

But to have everything together. :D

Yes correct.

You will not pass scruitineering with a screamer or side pipes

What if your screamer pipe has a muffler on it?? It is the same setup I had Wakefield...and i dont think anybody noticed it...I have also had it on a dyno and you can hear it but only very slightly...Guilt-toy can verify this...

Paul,

Unfortuantly one of the residents has sound testing equipment and watches us while we are out there.

As soon as it goes 1db over the allowed limit he called EPA.

Paul,

Unfortuantly one of the residents has sound testing equipment and watches us while we are out there.

As soon as it goes 1db over the allowed limit he called EPA.

Yep understand...You'd better take me off the list then...haven't paid yet anyway...My car is not that loud, and I am sure there are many cars louder with plumbed back wgs, but I dont want to risk causing a drama..

Just curious how far the guy is away when he is measuring the sound level...if he is more than say 100m away, wind speed and direction can influence what he measures by +/- 1 or 2dB anyway...Btw a carton of Crownies has often been know to reduce how far noise carries too...

Yep understand...You'd better take me off the list then...haven't paid yet anyway...My car is not that loud, and I am sure there are many cars louder with plumbed back wgs, but I dont want to risk causing a drama..

Just curious how far the guy is away when he is measuring the sound level...if he is more than say 100m away, wind speed and direction can influence what he measures by +/- 1 or 2dB anyway...Btw a carton of Crownies has often been know to reduce how far noise carries too...

Probably not in this case. It's a long term - not just about us. If the screamer is muffled then it's not a screamer, it's a separate wastegate pipe. I'll leave the judgement of it up to you as only you really know how loud it is. Basically illegally loud cars can't come. I think 2-3 dB might pass ok but not 5-10.

I might be wrong but I think one of the reasons this particular person keeps on reporting people to the epa is that their family had a road death some time back. Not sure if this is true, just what I heard.

I take it this is open to other car clubs now?

P.S Enter and pay up people Texi is Hella Fun :D:)

how about we give him free tickets to i dunno,,,, the movies or something without him knowing it was us, someone puts it in his letter box a week ahead and make the tickets only available for use on the 14th of sept.....

also is there something we can do for the day to get race preped cars on the track????? when i have a party at my place the music gets to heaps loud,,,, my cars sound sytem has been measured at over 100db from 5 meters away and stuff like that.... all i do is call the cops up first and tell them im doing this on such a day and they'll say something like "its allowed aslong as its between 7am and 9pm, or till 12am depends if its a weekday or a weekend" why cant we do this for sutton? or do you think they will wait out the front and defect everyone if we let them know????

my car should be fine with noise, just got 3.5 cat back and pod filter and should have some dump/front pipes by time texi comes, but its ashamed that some people are having to miss out.

That is a big camera, is it even legal? Pretty sure i saw i guy on CNN shoot a small plane down with one of those

If it was a 600 or 800mm prime then it would be illegal. :D

We often call them 'Voyeur lenses' :D