SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

I spoke to Cameron Reeves during the week and the Skelta's are definitely out. Well Ray has spat the dummy whilst the other owners are "happy" enough to keep running in DEMO class.

So Cameron is chasing a new seat now for Targa.

At this stage I'm unsure whether I can put the Z Tune kit back on my car like I had last year given the new rules. Stu has become impossible to get hold of in the last month to get it clarified. It was due to get done on Monday as well.

But there's nothing quite like leaving things til the last minute! :)

:) I reckon these new regs are a good thing for the sport. It keeps it more affordable and will stop anyone building a potentially unsafe lightweight special just designed to "win' regardless of ultimate safety. Just my two cents worth.

Yes the Daytona is eligible and two will be at THC.

Since 2001 ten fully assembled ADR complied road vehicles have rolled out their Dromana doors and hit the road, so this model it ticks the box.

The two Lamborghini's are a work in progress and being made eligible... Super Loc Racing and White Hot Motor Sport are all working hard to make it to the event.

Well the kit is all good to go - cheers Stu :D

Will be back to looking tough. Also think we sorted the minor handling issue today so will give it a test run @ Sandown tomorrow and see how we go. Gut feel is it's going to be a good thing. :thumbsup:

I know a couple are registered, but I don't know how many in truth as I'm not that familiar with the Skelta. I understand the issue maybe over the requirement the constructed vehicles to be 'manfuactuered' to an identical technical configuration, there are three engine configs the Skelta comes in.

For anyone that might remember it, I always thought Ray's previous carbon fibre bodied widebody clubman was far far cooler looking car than the Skelta. That said, a set of 18 or 19" rims and the Skelta could make it look heaps better.

On the topic of this kind of car... Michael Stoschek from Germany (previously ran Porsche's (classic 911 ST and wicked black 993 GT2 in Targa) is behind this awesome bit of kit. He reckons it's goes and sounds even better than it looks!

http://www.new-stratos.com/en/

Good work Snowy. I got the 7... it didn't stop raining the whole time we loaded it up on the trailer!

Lol, I can sell you mine but it's not heavily modified, but also Fair Dinkum Dave who owned Giants 32 for a while messagesd me just this morning and wants to move his very tough 34 on...... Road car with new Hollinger box and lotsa horses..... PM me if you like :banana:

You sure you didn't pick it up in Melbourne? It hasn't stopped here for days!

And have you seen Buller? THC in this could be more than interesting!

72425_10150288858170274_746720273_15223129_5883017_n.jpg

Yeh nice, I hope a set of chains is supplied in the competitors packs!

Classic - Rex Broadbent (by a mile)

Modern - YT providing he gets there, Glenny if he doesn't

Early Modern - Gavin James

Showroom - Brendan Reeves

4WD Showroom - Tony Warren

anyone have any info on this:

655 Jason Lea David Balfour 1977 Datsun 120Y DEMO

Edited by sav man

Lol, I can sell you mine but it's not heavily modified, but also Fair Dinkum Dave who owned Giants 32 for a while messagesd me just this morning and wants to move his very tough 34 on...... Road car with new Hollinger box and lotsa horses..... PM me if you like :)

I'll second that notion. if you wanted a nice 34 GTR with some serious gear Dave's car would be hard to go past. why on earth does he want to sell?!?!

I have absolutely NO idea.... he put the Hollinger in, like, Last Week! Reading between the lines I think he may have had a run in with the fuzz while out "settling in" the Hollinger?

The car is amazing though, best of everything, not just the engine, but the entire driveline. A better street mod GTR I don't think exists in Oz.

The price tag matches the car, but the ask doesn't go close to matching even the parts costs.

Classic - Rex Broadbent (by a mile)

Modern - YT providing he gets there, Glenny if he doesn't

Early Modern - Gavin James

Showroom - Brendan Reeves

4WD Showroom - Tony Warren

anyone have any info on this:

655 Jason Lea David Balfour 1977 Datsun 120Y DEMO

You reckon? some pretty fast stages where i think GTRs/EMOs will have the legs over us